Robert-Character Creator

Waiting for Replies
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello! It's been a while, hasn't it? Anyhow, I'm using two scripts to modify dashing: Yami's Dash Stamina script, and LoneWolfDon's Scriptlet. I am also using Gary CXJk's Free Movement script, which allows for pixel-based movement, rather than tile-based. I also have a massive amount of other scripts, but I have narrowed it down to these three in a separate project. I have two issues, both related to these scripts, so I thought I'd combine them in one thread. If this is not okay, don't hesitate to let me know.

The first issue is a classic script incompatibility. The strange part is, rather than only involving two scripts, all three are relevant. The Stamina Script and Scriptlet work fine together, until the Free Movement script is added- then the Stamina script stops functioning. Similarly, the Stamina and Free Movement scripts work together, until the Scriptlet is added, at which, again, the stamina feature stops working. Thirdly, the Scriptlet and Free Movement work together, until the Stamina script is added; you can guess what happens I'm sure. I have tried rearranging these scripts in every possible combination to no avail, it doesn't solve the issue. Any insight into what's happening here would be welcome.

The second issue lies solely with the Scriptlet, at least I think. This Scriptlet allows you to change the speed of the player's Dash to whatever you like; however, no matter what number is entered, there seem to only be three speeds possible: Slightly faster than walking speed, Normal Dash Speed, and a ludicrously fast setting which is completely impractical for gameplay. Any way to find an inbetween here would be great.

If you need a demo, I already have one set up, so let me know. As always, thank you for reading, and any possible help would be appreciated. :)

Robert-Character Creator

Waiting for Replies
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not sure if necroposting your own threads is allowed... Bump? I'm still having this issue and I could really use some help.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm testing it and it looks fine to me.

Last edited:

Robert-Character Creator

Waiting for Replies
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The stamina bar isn't going down when you run. That's the issue, actually.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Seems to be an issue with the move speed.
If the move speed is below 4 and your dash is 1 then it works. But if the move speed is 4 then it doesn't.
And that's only if you have the Lonewolf script. Without it the dash doesn't work at all with the stamina.
But removing free movement makes it work.

After more testing it seems that the free movement portion of the script is the issue. I don't know how to make it compatible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

rux
Just 80% of my motivation on game making lmao, anyone got tips on how to not be unmotivated?
I've signed up for a job training program for people with Asperger's Syndrome. I went to a "test run" today so they could see how well I did with simple jobs, and I amazed them. Most new people do it in 30+ minutes, while I finished in a mere 15 minutes. Gives me time to work on a screenplay for Studio MDHR...
People,I have seen that Someone from China/Chile and London is doing a Vaccine Against COVID-19.
Doing anything that yield good result in the long run is like sowing seeds. With proper care, they will grow and bear fruits. I'm excited for tomorrow. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sasakureman