batch

nailed-down sack of angry bees
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Before I begin, sorry if this is the wrong forum entirely for this kind of question.

Since last night, I've been creating a Minecraft-compatible texture pack from RPG Maker VX graphics (icons, tiles, characters etc).

The problem is, I've been wondering just how legal it would be to upload it to the Internet.

Is there any form of copyright/creativecommons/legal binding/eula that would require breaking to publish such a texture pack?

Thanks. c:

mobychan

CodeMaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RTP Tiles are only to be used in RPG Maker, so yes, that would make your project illegal

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The RTP is only for RPG Maker products, so yes, you'd be breaking the EULA, and it is in fact, illegal.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Heh, um. I've spent $1500~ so far for my game. Most of that went into purchasing some software I need, as well as some commissions. But still, I didn't realize I had spent so much since the beginning of October.

Do not trust me with money, lol.
Working on my first ideas for a tileset... I really don't know if anyone would like or even want my style.

k5a4BHk.png
Plus-size sprite continues! Front and back views done, or at least mostly there depending on if there's any more work you all think she needs. Once I get her done I can get working on her masculine counterpart:
PlusTest-03.gif
My game is basically turning into a 2 on 2 fighting game disguised as an rpg lol. here's eveyone doing their own intro in battle.
Sizzle sizzle sizzle...
zbf1dCZ.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachdelta