S.Court

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, I'm using Yanfly buff & state manager script (you can find him there: https://github.com/Archeia/YEARepo/blob/master/Gameplay/Buff_%26_State_Manager.rb) and in the line number 269 there is a formula to manage the buff/debuff parameter

# This is the formula used to apply the rate used for buffs and debuffs.

BUFF_BOOST_FORMULA = "buff_level(param_id) * 0.25 + 1.0"

Well, I'd like to make of this formula something similar to Pokemon buff/debuff manager

Basicly what I need is the formula shows this when the buff level is equal to those numbers

-4: 2/6 (x 0,33)

-3: 2/5 (x 0,4)

-2: 2/4 (x 0,5)

-1: 2/3 (x 0,67)

0: 0 (no buff/debuff)

1: 3/2 (x 1,5)

2: 4/2 (x 2)

3: 5/2 (x 2,5)

4: 6/2 (x 3)

Is there a way to modify this boost formula to make it works like that? Thank you

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Changing the 0.25 to 0.5 should work for buffs. However, I'll need to investigate more for the debuffs, because if it uses 0.50 also for that you will run into some trouble.

S.Court

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I forgot some rules with the fractional number in math

2/3 * -1 = 3/2

So that means if the buff_level number is a negative number, the formula should be multipied by -1 to get this, is there a way to make this?

EDIT: I have a solution but not sure how to write it in the script, it'd be like something like that:

(Absolute valor of buff_level(param_id) + 2)/2

BUT if buff_level is a negative number, the formula would be multiplied by -1

Is there a way to capture this formula idea?

Last edited by a moderator:

S.Court

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, sorry by letting this post alone for a loooooong time, but I'm interested in this still

I forgot some rules with the fractional number in math

2/3 * -1 = 3/2

So that means if the buff_level number is a negative number, the formula should be multipied by -1 to get this, is there a way to make this?

Sorry, I TOTALLY forgot I have posted before

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A video update on the progress I've been making on the cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I wonder if color LUTs is possible for RPG Maker. It would be game changer and can replace the not so good looking tint screen
new mechanic in battle where you can mentally erase enemies when you deplete all their MP instead HP. this gives you a special item of their "memory". it's pretty to do in battle so far.
Apparently MZ lets you preview move routes in the move route editor without having to start up test game. That could save a lot of time during development compared to MV, especially for a long game that uses a lot of event movement for cutscenes.
A repost of an old meme I had made, now with music

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyriemedia