Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone!

It's no question that being able to export your game on multiple platforms is a great thing. MV is the only engine that has this capability after all.

However, MV is still updating and sometimes those updates mess with plugins!

Would you use something more stable like VX Ace then, or is the multi export worth it in your opinion?

(For my specific scenario, I am more used to VX Ace and know what scripts I need that don't have MV plugin equivalents. Some of my friends only have macs though so the multi export is something I'm feeling conflicted over. :kaoeh:)

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
IMHO, stick to the engine you're using first if you're already working on a project. And if you're using (or gonna use) MV, use the most stable version or the current version that you have until you finish the project so that you dont have to worry about the updates messing up with your plugins.

I myself have both engines but I currently stick with Ace because I already have a project going and am more comfortable with it but Im playing around MV and learning JS on the side so that I can move to it in the future

If you dont have a project going, I do suggest moving on to MV especially since you seem to want your Mac friends to play your game (though they can always use a windows VM on their mac to play your Ace game afaik), just stick to the version of MV that you are gonna use until you finish the project so that the plugins wont be messed up

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The only reason to stay VXA is when you're already comfortable with it, have everything set up, and project on going (also never plan to use multi export function). I always suggest to people to use MV instead because it's the currently supported version of RM both from the dev and community. And still has lot of update. Granted, it sometimes break your project or something. But it's an indication that the dev is still improving the engine for better future. And you can always rollback to previous version if you want.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I wouldn't advise MV in its current form, exactly because it isn't a finished product.
I'd wait until it's stable and bug-free.
As for multi-export, it is possible with VX Ace, but it might require more work than with MV. I haven't tried it yet, but there are ways to export and it has been done before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

People3_1 and People3_2 added!

Part 2 of my Audio Engine tutorial for MZ is out!
Come join our stream starting at 2pm and win cool stuff! :D
Star citizen just announced they will develop a roadmap for their planned roadmap...
And i thought i needed order on my project... :kaoswt2:
Big City Greens had it right:
"Always back up your brain game, that's what I like to say!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reeman326