VX Ace Pangolin Animal Request (Think- Armadillo but cuter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

comedianmasta

Steampunk Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Request: Pangolin Animal Sprite, Char

Style: VX Ace Style

Description: Pangolin is a cute desert animal sort of like an armadillo with armored scales along its body. Please see reference images located below.

pangolin_3180820b_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpJliwavx4coWFCaEkEsb3kvxIt-lGGWCWqwLa_RXJU8.jpg

Pagolin---Phatagin_3180854a_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

11122016081428Pangolin-1000x0.jpg

Becci-_-Pangolin.jpg

Stretch Request: Not necessary for request, but perhaps a behavior sheet of it rolling into a ball or rolling around. Not, by any means, a priority. A simple char sheet is needed.

Requested Terms: I'll need use of it in my project, but otherwise I'm fine with it being for public use as long as they follow your terms. Please leave me your terms of use with your submissions.

Who Am I?: I am the Director/ Maker of a project for the collaborative fiction website Citizens of Antiford, a steampunk collaborative website. In world, their Desert Pangolin is a staple of their desert life. Description can be found on their website.

Citizens of Antiford dot com
Desert Pangolin Encyclopedia Entry
Pangolin.jpg

Thank you for any time/effort spent on this request.

Last edited:

comedianmasta

Steampunk Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
{Bump} Come on. So many people do animals! I'm still holding out hope somebody will see the cuteness of this animal and decide to give it a shot.

comedianmasta

Steampunk Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
-Bump- I have faith a savior will come.

comedianmasta

Steampunk Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
-Bump- My faith is wearing out. I got distracted by the Iron Harvest Kickstarter, but my project is drawing to a close. Please, come to my aid!

comedianmasta

Steampunk Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
-BUMP- Still looking for this animal sprite. Holding on hope, but I'm starting to lose it. I tried to give it a decent amount of gap before bumping this time.

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you real need this Animal?

Can you specify what you need for the Armadillo.
● Character Sprite (Walking)
● Tile View Dead
● SV Battlers
● Face or Bust

I could help you with Walking sprite if you need just that.

comedianmasta

Steampunk Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Do you real need this Animal?

Can you specify what you need for the Armadillo.
● Character Sprite (Walking)
● Tile View Dead
● SV Battlers
● Face or Bust

I could help you with Walking sprite if you need just that.

All I need is an overworld walking sprite (a Char Sprite) in the VX Ace style for VX Ace. I don't need a dead sprite or anything but since Pangolin's and Armidillo's curl into balls it might be nice to have a small, separate animation (behavior sheet) with the curling into a ball. But the need is simply a walking around VX Ace Sprite. No battlers or faces or anything are needed.

Whatever you can or willing to do is appreciated highly for either or both animals. Honestly.

comedianmasta

Steampunk Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
All I need is an overworld walking sprite (a Char Sprite) in the VX Ace style for VX Ace. I don't need a dead sprite or anything but since Pangolin's and Armidillo's curl into balls it might be nice to have a small, separate animation (behavior sheet) with the curling into a ball. But the need is simply a walking around VX Ace Sprite. No battlers or faces or anything are needed.

Whatever you can or willing to do is appreciated highly for either or both animals. Honestly.

Just to ensure I am clear, all I need is walking sprite, and I will be extremely thankful. Of one or the other, whichever you wish to do.

-Bump-

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh ****!!! It was for VX Ace, I was making it in MV size. Now I have to rework again.

One more thing As I have to do it once again, I want to clear one more thing, How the Walking frame should look like:
● Walking on 2 Back feet.
pangolin_3180820b_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpJliwavx4coWFCaEkEsb3kvxIt-lGGWCWqwLa_RXJU8.jpg
● Walking on All Feet.
Pangolin.jpg
● Rolled up (Spinning like a Ball) like Cononbolt

comedianmasta

Steampunk Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh ****!!! It was for VX Ace, I was making it in MV size. Now I have to rework again.

One more thing As I have to do it once again, I want to clear one more thing, How the Walking frame should look like:
● Walking on 2 Back feet.
View attachment 90422

I'm gonna assume a semi walking on back feet animation, I think it will set it apart from any other animal it may look similar too.

I appreciate it!

comedianmasta

Steampunk Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I know you are still working on this however I am going to -BUMP- this.

comedianmasta

Steampunk Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm going to bump this as I havn't received news on any progress and if Rishi Raj Jain doesn't have plans to continue I still want to open this up to an artist who may want to take a crack at it? Just let me know if you are still making progress Rishi, but if not I don't want to forget about this request.

comedianmasta

Steampunk Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
- Bump - Part 3. Tried to give it more space between bumps to avoid spam.

Mooshry

BTS has consumed my very existence help.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Third-Party Bump!

Chicken Fetus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm surprised there are this many people who want a pangolin sprite.

I decided to give it a try since I hadn't been doing as much sprite work lately, plus I hadn't done much with scales in pixel art.

I quickly did a couple tests in gimp. Which one looks the best and should be worked on further and made into a full sprite sheet? What would you like to see different?

5tOIQIP.png

Last edited:

comedianmasta

Steampunk Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm surprised there are this many people who want a pangolin sprite.

I decided to give it a try since I hadn't been doing as much sprite work lately, plus I hadn't done much with scales in pixel art.

I quickly did a couple tests in gimp. Which one looks the best and should be worked on further and made into a full sprite sheet? What would you like to see different?

Hello, and thank you for taking a crack at this. I think out of the ones shown I, personally, feel the third one looks the closest. At least how the scales look, personally. I feel it's also the closest to a VX Ace style. I wouldn't mind it slightly bigger as well, but I guess they are just test images so I wouldn't know for sure until you had completed work.

Beggars cannot be choosers, so if you are willing to do a full sheet, I will be grateful, personally. This game has made such amazing leaps and bounds and I can almost call it complete. Ever additional animal I can get is just perfection. :)

Please also include the information you'd like to have in the credits.

Chicken Fetus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, and thank you for taking a crack at this. I think out of the ones shown I, personally, feel the third one looks the closest. At least how the scales look, personally. I feel it's also the closest to a VX Ace style. I wouldn't mind it slightly bigger as well, but I guess they are just test images so I wouldn't know for sure until you had completed work.

Beggars cannot be choosers, so if you are willing to do a full sheet, I will be grateful, personally. This game has made such amazing leaps and bounds and I can almost call it complete. Ever additional animal I can get is just perfection. :)

Please also include the information you'd like to have in the credits.

How's this? The top version is an exaggerated wobble based on what pangolins do, especially their head and tail, when they waddle. The bottom has no wobble.
G1t3I6F.png

I also made the tail relatively shorter than the original since, given that the new sprite is overall larger, it would have it stuck out from tiles quite a bit.
5tOIQIP.png

Unless you want me to change something, once you let me know if you prefer wobble or no wobble, then I'll work on the other directions.

As far as credit goes, just stating that ChickenFetus made the sprite is sufficient credits. (Although not at all required to use this sprite, a link to my deviantart would also be appreciated).

comedianmasta

Steampunk Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I actually cannot tell. I wouldn't be able to know for sure until I saw it in motion. I'm assuming the wobble is fine. Also, if you need to spread out the sprites for a larger tail, that's fine. If it's a "it's too hard" thing then I can't be picky but I think the larger tail made it looked a little better.

Anyways, I won't be able to tell for sure, whichever you think looks better is probably good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Surprising nobody, it turns out "next Friday" for the next Jump into Javascript has become "possibly Sunday if you're lucky" XD
Folks, if anyone sends you a message inviting you to add their API to your game, please report them. We don't want people spamming our members asking them to add stuff to their games for their own (or others') benefit. We've updated the forum rules to confirm this.
I'm listening to iiluminaughtii talking about the secrets behind shady businesses and scams. Meanwhile I'm writing a fanfic about Sephiroth from FF7, one specifically for my stepmom. I'll get to give it to her, too, because my boss said I could take the holidays off! Dec. 22-27 I will be in Orlando, and maybe Fort Myers too, visiting my dad and stepmom!
Of course, I bought a handful of games on the Steam Black Friday sale. Will I try them? Will I complete any? Who knows...
I don't really have any neat updates today about how I screwed up programming... But if you want to observe the intensenes of me programming, then you can check out my stream :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Popo