[VX Ace] Parallax mapping and Light effects.

Dreadshadow

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Imagine you got Khas Awesome Light Effects or any other free to use script for light effects.

Now Imagine that you want to add a parallax picture on the map and show a picture, instead of mapping as usual.

So that way you understand that the Light script does not work anyomore, because it is two pictures and not tiles.

So is there a way to make light effects work on parallax mapping or not? I mean, is there a script for that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A parallax is not a picture and is not displayed using the 'show picture' command.  It is shown via 'Map Properties'.  Therefore, there should not be a problem.  I have a parallax with a picture above it - though it is not Khas lighting script.  And I've never had any difficulties with it.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A parallax script that uses pictures should not lock ALL the pictures. Maybe if you have two scripts and they're not working together, you could post links to them and state what the problem is, and see if someone can make a mod to fix it.

Dreadshadow

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you @ksjp19 and @Shaz.

My problem is that I can not make the pictures dark, using awesome light effects, to use the lantern effect. :(

I use Parallax from map properties for floor and same level as character.

For what is drawn above I use a show picture.

But it seems it does not fade out. I mean, it stays bright.

Is it because of the pictures or do I have issues with the script? o_O

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Which parallax script are you using?

Dreadshadow

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No script at all. I create 17x13 maps so I need no script to lock anything.

It seems that something was going on with the script or it was conflicting with another script.

Solution:

I built it on Khas and moved the maps,tilesets and all the needed files and it worked fine.

Now I have to implement Luna engine menu that Etrian used and I will be fine I guess.

Sorry for posting this thread for nothing, I had to try this starting building on Khas demo.

This can close now and thank you both for your time. <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm not sure if I should be happy for MZ, or sad for MV.
Not going to lie.... The update's cool and all, but I immediately ran to Mog's site and was like, "Update! Update! Update!" while breathing on the page of his Star Ocean Battle System plugin. :kaoswt:
Ho boi. I can already see the storm of ugly actor faces RTP customizable facesets from MZ are gonna flood. XD
<-- Meet Seith. He begins the story as an apprentice druid, learning to survive in the wilderness by communing with nature and honing his herbalism. Seith has a deep desire to understand the world around him. When wells of chaotic energy begin erupting from the land,corrupting plant, animal and man alike, Seith finds himself on a journey to discover just what this means for the fate of his home, the land of Myarr.
I installed a ledge for my cat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sethlon