VX ACE: Regular Attack taking MP/TP

Geyblade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Seems resource sapping occurs with regular moves with projects lately, any thoughts as to why?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
So your attack command takes away MP? Check the attack skill and see if it has MP cost and so on. Also check if you have a script which might be modifying skill costs etc

Geyblade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So your attack command takes away MP? Check the attack skill and see if it has MP cost and so on. Also check if you have a script which might be modifying skill costs etc
Only thing you set as to regular attack is what you call it in "Terms" I don't recall needing futz with the scripts. Some points characters are active in death, in some way I find it amusing, but not sure it should do that. But not sure where in the scripts to even check. It all seems standard.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Geyblade no, the attack skill is skill #1 in the database. If that skill costs MP then your attack costs MP.

Check the notes for skill #1 and #2 on a new project - attack is skill #1 and guard is skill #2.

And the death state is always state #1 as well, that also should not be changed unless you know what you're doing.

Geyblade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So no matter what the skill is, if it fills the #1 slot it's used with the standard attack? That seems needlessly complicated.
I merely changed Death's name to Married.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'll need skill values for any skill, including the attack skill - any other way to store the attack values would be much more complicated.

Geyblade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks though.

Geyblade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You'll need skill values for any skill, including the attack skill - any other way to store the attack values would be much more complicated.
Actually I can see how sadistically amusing being able to limit the use of fisticuffs in some way like with TP/Limit Point type things.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Tech Support is for when you can't get the engine to run.

I've moved this thread to RPGMaker VX Ace. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.
now I need to determine, how MV determines if an auto tile is complete or not.
Edit:From what I can tell it uses Autotile kinds to do that.
Edit 2: The editor determines it and packs picture data for the engine....
Finished with the ground work for my class system, using Ellye's Class Change Equipment and Yanfly's Class Change Core plugins to implement an equip based subclass feature!
Hi people! I was wondering... Here in Brazil, we have a whats app group for we talk about rpg maker and our projects. A more informal way for we meet each other. Is there any whats app group out there? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnuRavi