Not open for further replies.

Mr_Raf

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello I really like the rtp set up from the RPG Maker VX Ace but I prefer to use the RPG Maker MV now. Is there a way converting the size of the rtp characters & face sets to use it in the new Maker? Now the ressources need to be bigger.

I have already searched in the forum for theese ressources but I didn't find it.

Please give me a hint, I am very thankful for every help. For the request I have some information:

Resource Type:
VX Ace RTP Characters & Facesets (+ emotional)

Maker Format: MV

Art Style: VX Ace RTP

Description: I especially need the Actor 1_8 or some sets which look rather similar to a more older hero. There you see the picture:

Reference Images:

Thank you for every help, I'm looking forward to hearing from one of you! ;)

Last edited:

Arisa

probably dead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not sure if this is much help or not but the sprites from VX Ace should work with MV anyway. You could size up the faceset to RPGMaker MV's standard. Sowwie if this is no help... :kaoswt2:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can change the size of the assets to be bigger but since the computer has to make up information to fill in that extra 50% that wasn't there before the results will look blurry. There's no way to avoid this without completely redrawing everything. The other thing you could do is use the assets at the actual size and adjust everything else to fit. It's possible, but it requires plugins. I have no idea which ones you'd need to get the face sets working, or if anything already exists. While you can use the sprites as is they won't match anything in scale so it'd be better to use 32x32 tiles at the same time if you are. I recommend looking up Shaz's plugin that changes MV to show the smaller tiles.

Arisa

probably dead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Sharm Ah, yeah the blurriness is a good point. :kaosalute:

Mr_Raf

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, thank you for your help. I will try to photoshop the size bigger, but if it not looks good I will use the MV RTP Actor. I really like to have a bigger size and that is why I not prefer to use a 32x32 plugin for the MV. But Thank you for your helpful information. ;)

The blurriness of the resizes will be less or more, depending on the resizing options you select. Some editing programs have no options at all, while others have several.
I resized Actor 1 into MV size. These are the two clearest results I got. If you like them I can resize the other actors too.. :)
Thank you for your help. I always have quite the same result as your resizing of the face set. Is it also possible for you to resize the character sprite? I use Gimp 2 instead of adobe photoshop and there it is not possible to resize it because of the colour briteness. :D

Last edited:

starlight dream

Loving life...One dream at a time
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN, EL, FR
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The blurriness of the resizes will be less or more, depending on the resizing options you select. Some editing programs have no options at all, while others have several.
I resized Actor 1 into MV size. These are the two clearest results I got. If you like them I can resize the other actors too.. :)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[dpost]Mr_Raf[/dpost]
If you want to add something, simply edit your earlier post.

starlight dream

Loving life...One dream at a time
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN, EL, FR
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Kes, I think you mistook me for Mr.Raf. LoL! ;_;

I'm changing my avatar ASAP..

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Pamela_Rooseveth, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

work in progres c:
Every RPG and MMO should let you transmog\glamour your gear so you can look the way you want.
So, to clear up things, this section is to speak about personal life stuff and such? or maybe upload game content?
excerpt from my game FW: WHAT?! You want me to shear sheep? I had servants, who had servants, that had servants that did peasants work. Vincent: Do you see any of your servants here? FW: Well... no. Of course not. Vincent: Then get to work.
The dumbest mechanic I just encountered today : boss recovers 10% HP when a party member is KO-ed, who thinks this is a great idea again...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omgtank93