VX Ace Tileset Converted to MV

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
While working on porting my VX Ace Game to MV, I've been trying to convert the tilesets to MV's size without looking too weird. Trying a new technique, I think I've finally got it now. I thought about keeping these to myself, but seeing as these belong to Enterbrain, and I didn't make them, I figured there was no real harm in sharing.

Here you are:

Dungeon_A1
Dungeon_A1.png

Dungeon_A2
Dungeon_A2.png

Dungeon_A4
Dungeon_A4 - large.png

Or, if you're like me, and don't like the random black patches in the walls...

Dungeon_A4.png

Dungeon_A5
Dungeon_A5.png

Dungeon_B (This is the one I've been using for a while, so they may not be as high quality as the others. If you notice anything weird on something specific, then let me know.)
Dungeon_B.png

Dungeon_C (Same applies to Dungeon_B. If you noticed some pixels out of place somewhere, let me know and I'll fix it.)
Dungeon_C.png

Outside_A1
Outside_A1.png

Outside_A2
Outside_A2.png

Outside_A3
Outside_A3.png

Outside_A4 (And now this is really really big and I'm not sure how to fix it...)
Outside_A4.png

Outside_A5
Outside_A5.png

Outside_B (like the Dungeon_B tile, these might need some work. Lemme know if you notice anything weird.)
Outside_B.png

Outside_C (Same as Outside_B--might be weird, lemme know if you notice anything.)
Outside_C.png

Inside_A1
Inside_A1.png

Inside_A2
Inside_A2.png

Or, if the half-missing trims on blue carpet bothered you as much as it bothered me, here's the alternative I made.

Inside_A2.png

Inside_A4
Inside_A4.png

Or, the no-black-hole version if you're like me and don't like the random and out of place black hole.

Inside_A5
Inside_A5.png

Inside_B
Inside_B.png

Inside_C
Inside_C.png

World_A1
World_A1.png

World_A2 (those freaking trees took waaay to much energy)
World_A2.png

World_B
World_B.png

!Door1 (These are technically tilesets, yet not, so...)
!Door1.png

And I made a green door for myself, so if you're interested, then go for it.

!Door1.png

!Door2
!Door2.png

!Door3
!Door3.png

!Chest
!Chest.png

!Chest Recolours (I needed for my game)
!Chest2.png

!$Gate1
!$Gate1.png

!$Gate2
!$Gate2.png

If the Forum Wizards like Shaz or Archeia say that posting these are against the forum rules for whatever reason, I'll take this post down as soon as I can.

Terms of Use

Credit would be nice, but not necessary (seeing as I'm just enlarging the RTP Tilesets, as opposed to making them from scratch). However, it is worth noting that unless you've bought a copy of VX Ace and the agreement that comes with it, then it isn't legal to use these. If you have VX Ace already, you're fine, but otherwise I'd advise not using these until you do.

Attachments

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why convert the RTP tilesheets from Ace to MV???

If you check them, you'll see that every stock tilesheet from MV has exactly the same tiles on exactly the same position as the Ace tilesheet of the identical name, so you can simply keep the RTP maps without any conversion at all and get the better looking MV tiles on your Ace maps.

King Galaxian

King Galaxian
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American!
Primarily Uses
There is one tileset that was changed a lot in mv though. The demon castle rtp tile. Personally I liked the one from vx ace ALOT better. If you ever resize the tilesets for the demon castle, then I would be really happy. And there are quite a few tilesets with the demon castle stuff. All rtp walls and the tower ones. Rtp buildings too. I can hardly wait to see how you resize those! I'm actually surprised by how well you did resizing the tiles you already resized. I tried myself, but I did a terrible job.

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Why convert the RTP tilesheets from Ace to MV???

If you check them, you'll see that every stock tilesheet from MV has exactly the same tiles on exactly the same position as the Ace tilesheet of the identical name, so you can simply keep the RTP maps without any conversion at all and get the better looking MV tiles on your Ace maps.

Mainly because I'm not a fan of MV's colour scheme or art style. I built my game with the VX Ace Tileset, and during the short time I used the MV Tileset, everything just felt off. (Example, Bright Pink Carpet tiles changed to Navy Blue in MV. Completely changed the atomsphere the area used to give off.) I'm mainly doing this for myself, but I thought I'd share in the event that someone else wanted to use them too.

There is one tileset that was changed a lot in mv though. The demon castle rtp tile. Personally I liked the one from vx ace ALOT better. If you ever resize the tilesets for the demon castle, then I would be really happy. And there are quite a few tilesets with the demon castle stuff. All rtp walls and the tower ones. Rtp buildings too. I can hardly wait to see how you resize those! I'm actually surprised by how well you did resizing the tiles you already resized. I tried myself, but I did a terrible job.

My game pretty much uses the entire RTP for VX Ace, so all the Demon Castle stuff will probably be converted with it. Also, it's worth noting that I'm using waifu2x (http://waifu2x.udp.jp/) so...it's kinda cheating. XD Anyway, I'm doing this because I thought of a way to make some of the edges crisper and not bleed into each other, and since it's a bit tedious, I figured I might as well save someone else the trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Added Dungeon_A4 and Dungeon_A5.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cherry-sama, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you need to add something and it's been less than 72 hours since your last post, please edit the last post with the new information.

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Now that I'm sure that is has been more than 72 hours, I can now add that I've finished up the Dungeon set (Dungeon_B and Dungeon_C might look a little weird. Lemme know), and started on the Outside set with Outside_A1 and Outside_A2 now up.

EDIT: Now Outside_A3 is up too.

EDIT EDIT: Finished up the Outside Tiles, and put up some doors, because I wanted to edit those all of a sudden.

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
And I can comment once again without double posting! Okay, for those who didn't notice, I've finished up the Outdoor Tileset. I've also added some of the doors, in case you wanna use 'em. Anyway, I just added Inside_A1. Since I can't post update comments as much as I'd like to, I'll just say to check back regularly. I have something new up almost every day.

EDIT: Added Inside_A2 just now. Yup.

EDIT EDIT: And Inside_A4. And I should really stop for today or else I might burn out. XD

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Inside_A5 is up now.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: And now !$Gate1 and !$Gate2.

Runako

Miracle/Magic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is wonderful work Cherry. I've tweaked and resized and just couldn't make it happen. I thank you foe your contribution

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is wonderful work Cherry. I've tweaked and resized and just couldn't make it happen. I thank you foe your contribution

No problem. :) Hope to be done soon.

I uploaded World_A1, and am working on World_A2. By far, the most annoying part so far is those dumb little mini-trees. Anyway, 'til next time.

EDIT: Added World_A2 and World_B. Bllleeeehhhhhh. x_x

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I updated a tileset in Dungeon_A4 (non-blackceiling one) and Outside_A4. There was a faint black outline before on the inner tiles and it was BUGGING ME.

Pearsona

Trash Goblin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
these are awesome! the lack of larger doors bothered me SO much, so this is perfect!

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
these are awesome! the lack of larger doors bothered me SO much, so this is perfect!
No problem. :) Also, be sure to let me know if you notice any tiles that look off for whatever reason so I can fix 'em.

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey, some of these are slightly off I think?  The pixels don't line up correctly, like Dungeon_A5.  going to try re downloading, in case you already updated/fixed it.  

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, some of these are slightly off I think?  The pixels don't line up correctly, like Dungeon_A5.  going to try re downloading, in case you already updated/fixed it.  
They don't? Could you take a screenshot of what you specifically mean by that?

Khayalan

Mapping-Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Is the technique you use something special?

Really think the tiles are really good resized and would like to do it with some other tiles (NON-RTP) too :)

-Khayalan

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I really like these. I'm not much of a fan of the MV tiles myself, to be honest. I do like the colors MV uses, but I've noticed some small glitches when using the MV tiles. I'm glad you are converting the Ace tilesets. Thank you for all your hard work!  :thumbsup-left:

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I really like these. I'm not much of a fan of the MV tiles myself, to be honest. I do like the colors MV uses, but I've noticed some small glitches when using the MV tiles. I'm glad you are converting the Ace tilesets. Thank you for all your hard work!  :thumbsup-left:
You're welcome. :D

Is the technique you use something special?

Really think the tiles are really good resized and would like to do it with some other tiles (NON-RTP) too :)

-Khayalan
Well, you can technically just run them into Waifu2x and get pretty good results. But that often results in some edges not being a touch blurry. What I did is crop every image so it was a square or rectangle (example, one door), and then run that into Waifu2x. This preserved the edges, for the most part. (Hence why if you notice any glitches, I'd like to know to manually Photoshop them into submission.) It's long and tedious, and that's why I figured I'd save other people some trouble. If my directions weren't clear, then I can post a tutorial video.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A part of me wants to return back to the beginning and first two chapters and remake them with parallax map. But I have decided not to. Every chapter is just another step in the journey. No need to walk back unless I have to revise dialouge.
Hey guys! Good news!
I just released the Games from Brazil - Part 2 on my Youtube Channel! I am really happy that part 1 had 100 views and I hope more people will be interested to see the potencial of Brazilian Game Devs!
Effervesce Fallacy™ - Attract Mode (proto)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS