Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What does "$game_map is not defined" mean?
Happens as soon as my intro is over in my now converted mv version and the game starts and the player are about to be controlled.

I found out what the problem was. I needed to put in the yep core plugin afterwards in the mv version. Now it seems to work

No. There is no such thing as $game_map in MV. If you got that error, it means you did not go through the list of script calls and fix them up. What plugins you have have nothing to do with it.

Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No. There is no such thing as $game_map in MV. If you got that error, it means you did not go through the list of script calls and fix them up. What plugins you have have nothing to do with it.

Then I really don't know what dixed it but after taking away all script calls and playtested a lot of times.. nothing worked, then I tried adding that plugin and that worked but I know what coder god you are so you are probably right... That is what I did though...

Now I want to find a new unique battle system for the game. Tired of the sideview and action battle system... Hmmm..

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
(And I sure hope Im not necroposting here, unless I misread the rules right now...)

For everyone who did the "VX to Ace" and then "Ace to MV" transfer and got problems with Common Events:

Take the data file from common events from VX and change the "rvdata" to "rvdata2" manually (you know, by adding 2 in the file). Then transfer your Ace project to MV using this tool. That was what worked for me.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Juanita Star I'm not aware of any issues with common events transferring, unless there was something in a script call that caused an issue. I'd be happy to take a look at both your VX and Ace CommonEvent files if you want to troubleshoot.

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
@Juanita Star I'm not aware of any issues with common events transferring, unless there was something in a script call that caused an issue. I'd be happy to take a look at both your VX and Ace CommonEvent files if you want to troubleshoot.
Thanks! but no worries! The problem was when I transfered from Vx to Ace using a tool for it, then when I tried the Ace to MV here, it would cause me problems for some reason, even when I tred to delete all common events...but I did the change of data to VX manually and the transfer to MV was a breeze. (I did discovered that script calls were a no-no for weapons too).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Yeah. It's been a rough road lately. But that's the thing about the Rangers. It doesn't matter how hard it gets, or how many of them fall. They never stop fighting. The Rangers NEVER stop fighting".

Angela Deth, you are a hero of mine. Sorry for my first run of Wasteland 3.
We must press on. For all those we couldn't save. For all those we might yet save.
FirestormNeos wrote on DarkPlasmaBall's profile.
asking this here instead of the thread in question to avoid derailing it, but I'm curious; is there a particular reason you'd include a "Terms of Use" for an RPG Maker game? Like, are there multiplayer features for the game you're working on?
The holidays are upon us! Everyone search for safety from the grocery store music!
I don't understand people sometime. Walking to work today came across someone walking the opposite way in a nice suit, I politely move to the side into the shrubbery so he doesn't have to get his suit dirty and say "good morning" as he passes me, he turns around glaring daggers and asks "why are you talking to me?" like he's bloody offended by me wishing him a good morning or something. Just, why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnderMon