Jacklyisanoob

Noobing Around Constantly
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to use vx ace to map for my game and then use shaz converter to convert back to mv, as rpgmmv lack the tilesets I need and want to use, I want to map with it, and use the can fly plugin and mv sprites in my game, would it work and be convenient

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
theoretically yes, but there are better ways to handle this.

the most critical question before deciding on which (of several) ways to go:
do you want to use the MV grid (48 pixel, requires resizing of the Ace Assets) or do you want to stay in the original grid (32 pixel, will require tricking the MV editor with a placeholder tileset)?

Going 48 pixel will create some blur on the tiles from VXA but will be less work compared to resizing the ingame grid for MV. (in both cases you would have to resize the Ace tilesets, but in one case the resized will be used ingame and in the other they will be placeholders only)

Jacklyisanoob

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tricking mv, I guess. I have tried resizing, but it is blurry and insufferable to look at, I'm not too fond of vx ace character sprites, I have icons enemies and scripts for mv, but the tileset I want to use for mv was converted to for mv by Degica, but they are blurry and thrash, I bought vx ace ones and tried converting them, but they are also trash, so I was thinking of using vx ace to map, they are the Celianna tiles

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK
Shaz has written a plugin to change the gridsize/tilesize for MV. I don't have a link but it should not be difficult to find.

to use this plugin, you need two copies of whatever tilesets you plan to use - one sized 48 pixel for use in the MV editor (can be blurry without problem as it is a placeholder) and one sized for whatever gridsize you want to use ingame (32 pixel if you want to use VXA tilesheets).

You'll be mapping with the 48px placeholders in the MV editor, but as soon as the game runs the plugin will replace those placeholders with the 32px set of the true tilesheets stored in the project.

If you want to use the MV character generator and sideview battlersheets etc, you'll have to scale them down to 32px as well (66.666% original resize).

Jacklyisanoob

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thing is i want to use hide none sprites if i scale them down to 32 px will it be blurry or normal

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
all resources of a single game need to be in the same scale or it would look very bad.
that gives you very few options:

1) use all original VXA resources without scaling - and the original VXA generator isn't exactly good quality and never had the sideview battlers, limiting you to front view only
2) use some MV sprites scaled down.

scaling down has less quality problems than scaling up, but that does not mean there are no distortions or blurring. It's just that the mathematics for removing pixels are better than the mathematics for adding pixels - but a perfect solution doesn't exist.

Jacklyisanoob

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
okay i will try finding mv tiles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Recent threads, and my very poor algorithm for my minimap plugin have made me face the fact that I need to review algorithms and such.

Going through Cracking the Coding Interview now. I am so excited.
Kes
I've seen a reference to a Community Lighting plugin for MZ, but cannot find it. Is it still in beta?

Todo:
Add fog of war
Add enemy indicators
Make window draggable
Optimise map drawing algorithm (5 seconds to load the map you see, so it's a... poo-poo algorithm)

Any suggestions? :kaoblush:
bleh studio hell job haha at least they like it didnt had time to do much laundry tho ;w;'....YES I DO AT LEAST TAKE A SHOWER everyday!
Ami
--- Food Ingredients ---

Hero: Since the Chef are in Hospital,we can't eat his Dish in 3 Days.
F.Mage: What we have to Eat?
M.Healer: Don't worry,we can Eat the Food Ingredients.
Hero & F.Mage
: Really?

(3 Days Later)

Chef: Hi,Guys. I'm Ba---
(Entire Party Collapse After Eat Raw Meat)
Chef: Wha...WHAT GOING ON HERE!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilsonliz