[VX Ace] Tsukihime's Collision Maps DLL Crashing; Needs Recompiling?

Robert-Character Creator

Waiting for Replies
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello. I haven't been here in a long while, having just come back from a long hiatus, so please forgive me if I make a mistake here or there.

Let's start from last night. I loaded up my game wanting to work on it for the first time since January. I made a few modifications, and went to test it. However, it immediately crashed with this error, referencing the DLL from Tsukihime's Collision Maps script and DLL.

Game_Bug_023.png

This isn't the first time I've seen this bug before. I actually came across it in a different thread, a long time ago. It's on this page, for a different collision script by nOBodY. They encountered that same issue with that script's DLL, where it would only run on certain versions of Windows. Now, I haven't changed versions, but I DID reinstall Windows 10 just a couple of weeks ago, so I suspect the change might have occurred then.

Now, they did come across a solution. Another user recompiled nOBodY's DLL, with some slight line changes, and it began to work for everyone. I believe that would also be the solution here. However, there are two main issues. First and foremostly, I have no idea how to do that, which is why I've returned here. Secondly, I've been told previously by Shaz that you cannot reverse engineer a DLL to modify it as that is against the rules of the forum, interestingly. I don't know, however, if recompiling counts as a modification. So I'm not giving up.

I hear you asking: "Robert, why don't you just use the recompiled script and DLL from that link?". Well, unfortunately, I have a custom script I've commissioned that makes use of Tsukihime's collision script and DLL to function. In addition, I'm using GaryCXJk's Free Movement script, which has built-in compatibility with Tsukihime's script, but not nOBodY's. This is, obviously, an issue.

I'm not sure if anyone even CAN help me with this, but if you can, it would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading, and as always, thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If @Tsukihime has the dll protected then you or no one else can modify it. I mean protected as in illegal to modify. Even if you were to try it would require the source code or actually reverse engineering it.
I would suggest you find out if Tsukihime can make modifications to it or provide the source code (if not protected). Otherwise you can try to use other scripts for whatever feature you have that is not working. Free movement or collision.

Robert-Character Creator

Waiting for Replies
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's exactly what I was worried about. Well, I didn't want to, but I guess I'll have to pester Tsukihime and see if they're willing to help... I really don't want to have to redo all that compatibility work, mostly because I can't do it and I'll have to commission someone.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've added a non-DLL version to the website.

Mostly because I can't find the source code for the DLL, and also because of potential compatibility issues with different systems it's better to just get rid of it.

Might be a bit slower depending on the size of your collision images. I tried it on the demo and it loaded pretty fast so probably the DLL isn't even needed unless it's a huge map.

Robert-Character Creator

Waiting for Replies
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
WOW! I'm so happy you've replied! I've responded in the PM.

Robert-Character Creator

Waiting for Replies
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
In that case, rather than establishing compatibility between the new non-DLL script, and the Free Movement script I mentioned in PMs, I've decided to go back to the DLL-version since it now works with that file installed, and already has compatibility. Remember how I said I reinstalled Windows 10? One of the programs that got uninstalled was that C++ thing, so that explains the crashing.

Thank you Tsukihime, cremnophobia, and Roninator2. Oh, and Tsukihime, please consider leaving a note in the instructions for the script that that thing is required and how it will crash without it. Might help some people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm back from my visit to my family. Was really great to see them again after a year even if I had to get tested for covid for the visit.
Sometimes... I do absolutely genius things... But then I counteract that by spending all day trying to figure out what's wrong with my event creator... Only to learn I commented out some lines in MV... Not even in my plugin. This must be why villains "true heroes" don't win in the end. :kaoswt:
Procrastination at it's finest.
annnnd after 2 days lol... and I still feel I need to work out a few kinks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
changefly