Jack-of-Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
REEEEEEEEE.png
Long story short, when I try to transfer the player to a new map, this error pops up.
I suspect it has to do with Victors Movement Script as when I remove that script it gives me a different error, so I suspect it's either his Core Script, Pixel Movement Script or his Diagonal Movement Script.
Any help is appreciated!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you'll need a better error trace as this looks like it is an incompatibility between several scripts.

I suggest installing one of the backtracers and posting a console screenshot with the entire trace

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you add a script then resume a previously-saved game?

What event do you have that does a Script event command with something about event.chasing?

Morpheus

Jack-of-Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Did you add a script then resume a previously-saved game?

What event do you have that does a Script event command with something about event.chasing?
Nope, it even happens when I start a new game and try to transfer. It's not the map I'm trying to transfer to either because if I just start out on that map, everything runs fine.

And no event in my game so far even uses a script call, it's still the early stages so I only have a few maps. The event is literally just a transfer event, nothing else.
When I ctrl + shift + F search my scripts, the only script with "chasing" in it, is the pixel movement script.

you'll need a better error trace as this looks like it is an incompatibility between several scripts.

I suggest installing one of the backtracers and posting a console screenshot with the entire trace
Here you go, I'm not sure what any of it means.

EDIT: I found the problem. When switch 005 is on, it gives me the error. When turned off, it doesn't. Any idea how to find the switch in question in any of my scripts without having to scour them 1 by 1?

Attachments

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The error trace would list the names of the script slots involved in the error, and since it's coming from the game interpreter, Shaz is right and you're wrong:
And no event in my game so far even uses a script call
Even if you don't remember placing it, somewhere in your project is an event that has a script call with the sequence 'chasing' in it.
It could be a map event or a common event, but it is there.
and that
When I ctrl + shift + F search my scripts, the only script with "chasing" in it, is the pixel movement script.
is part of the reason: the event tries to use the chasing command, and you get the error because it doesn't find it - because it is missing somewhere in your scripts.
That is what "NoMethodError" means - you've told something to use a function that it does not find inside the scripts.
Most likely you copied something from a demo or a tutorial without looking at it in detail, and forgot to add the script that that demo or tutorial requires. And because you only copied it you don't remember using it.

Morpheus

Jack-of-Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
The error trace would list the names of the script slots involved in the error, and since it's coming from the game interpreter, Shaz is right and you're wrong:

Even if you don't remember placing it, somewhere in your project is an event that has a script call with the sequence 'chasing' in it.
It could be a map event or a common event, but it is there.
and that

is part of the reason: the event tries to use the chasing command, and you get the error because it doesn't find it - because it is missing somewhere in your scripts.
That is what "NoMethodError" means - you've told something to use a function that it does not find inside the scripts.
Most likely you copied something from a demo or a tutorial without looking at it in detail, and forgot to add the script that that demo or tutorial requires. And because you only copied it you don't remember using it.
I actually edited my post to where I found the error.
When switch 005 is on, it gives me the error. When turned off, it doesn't. Any idea how to find the switch in question in any of my scripts without having to scour them 1 by 1?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When switch 005 is on, it gives me the error. When turned off, it doesn't. Any idea how to find the switch in question in any of my scripts without having to scour them 1 by 1?
that still doesn't change the fact that the script call comes from an event.

But it does help you finding that event, because it is the switch that activates the event. So you "only" need to look for the common event or the map event page that is conditioned to switch number 5. You don't have to scroll through the command list to find the script command with that text. (not unless you're using a conditional branch command on that switch)

That switch is NOT inside one of your scripts, because if it were then the script slot name would be listed in the error trace in the console - but for future reference, if you right-click into the script slot list you'll find a search option that searches through all scripts instead of the current one.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It could be an event on the current map or an event on the map you're transferring to. If it only happens at the time you transfer, then look at the event that does the transfer. See if it turns on switch 5. Then look for an event on one of those maps, or in common events, that has a page that becomes active when switch 5 is on.

There is a Script call somewhere in that event that is trying to activate or check the chasing function.

The reason we are so sure of this is that Game_Interpreter line 1411 is the one that executes the Script event command.

Also check your scripts and see if they have any default switches - see if any of them are set to use switch 5. Then you still need to find where you're using switch 5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I got tired of not having an avatar image. Couldn't think of anything cool. So I'm just using my game's antagonist instead... How original. At least both of our names start with C?
Expectation: Design/dev a game for the game jam | Reality: "These codes suck, why did I do it this way? lemme fix this. Also what if I add feature xyz because... well, I can."
Did my first script call in an event! :kaopride: It's completely useless and just because I thought it'd be cute if looking at clocks in-game made the character say the real-world time, but it's fully functional scripting and I did it all by myself!
Stream will be going live shortly! I will be playing Resident Evil 3 Remake, and then I will be switching to a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Spent all day working on something that ultimately has nothing "flashy" to show at the end of it. But that sense of achievement...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartelStef