[VX Ace] Weapon that Deals X% Damage to Enemy with State

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by Vis_Mage, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Vis_Mage

Vis_Mage Novice Magician Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello!

This is kind of an odd request (that I believe would go here), in that it's both a script request, and just asking if anyone knows of a script that could accomplish this, since it's the sort of thing that I could imagine already existing.

What I'm hoping to do is have a tag for weapons, that will multiply the damage for the equipped actor when attacking an enemy with a certain state.

For example, perhaps the weapon Slimesledge would deal 50% more damage against enemies with the "Slime" state, and so would have a tag something like <StateDamage: 10 150>, in which 10 is the Slime state, and 150 is 150% damage.

Thank you :)

2. Vis_Mage

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Bump

3. Vis_Mage

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    does this have to be done with a notetag? will it be used many times or only in a few cases?

If it is only a few cases then you should look for the pinned topic about damage formula coding - you can use script commands in the damage formula of the attack skill to check for states on the target and then change the damage depending on the result.

however due to limited space in the damage formula that will only work with a limited number of checks - if this is a common effect you'll need a script. and if you need a script you should report your topic to have it moved to script reqests, you'll get more answers if it is in the correct section.

5. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.