Bartman901

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello! Well...it's my second post and second asking for help. >o<  I don't know if title is right. I begun using Celianna tilesets and I've got one problem. What is that?

2016-11-23_20h14_27.png

So yes...unfortunatly i'm stil learning many things. ;/ "Veterans" should know how to do this and I would be glad if they would help me. I heard there is something in VX Compatibility option but I don't see anything >o<

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that has nothing to do with compatibility - it's about the way mapping works for VX and VXA.

You have only two layers, with everything on A sheets going to the bottom layer and everything on B-E sheets going to the upper layer.

Which means that only ONE tile can come from the B-E-sheets, and most likely you used a cliff from there above a grass tile from A# before placing the tree there.

You can't do that, the background for the tree tiles has to come from the A#-sheets.

That is the reason why some tiles (including several cliff-tiles) are available both on A-sheets and on upper-layer-sheets, so you can use them where you need them.

Bartman901

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
N/A
So you say I have to have cliffs tiles in A sheets, right? If so I will try to search some cliff tiles.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes - it depends on the tileset if those cliffs are there or not, but there are tilesheets formatted for A that contain those cliffs.

Bartman901

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I want to give you a last question. Do you know any A tilesets with cliffs that would work good with Celianna A2 tileset?

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wouldn't recommend what Andar is saying.

To get the tree to overlap the cliff, you have to use the tree in an event graphic (and set it to above player), this will require several events since the tree is rather big. No need to be placing the cliff tile in the TileA and ruin the opacity .

Bartman901

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
N/A
You thought about something like that? (I hope not ;-; )

2016-11-24_14h21_22.png

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The bottom 3 events need not be events :p they're not overlapping the cliff for example.

Bartman901

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok, thanks a lot. Your tiles are awesome. I'm using RPG maker for 8 months (with breaks) and I don't believie that I didn't meet your tilesets before. Keep good work  ;)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It can be done both ways, and both have their advantages and disadvantages.

In my opinion, if possible you should do it with the layer, because that will preserve the option of adding decorative events for other effects.

But it is not always possible, especially if you're running low on tileset space - there is only so much you can fit on the A5 sheet (half the size of a B-sheet).

So if you're short on tileset options and can't place the cliff on the bottom layer, then you can use decorative events.

Bartman901

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok, thanks both of you guys. I think topic should be closed now  ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Time for my daily walk/jog ''Literally starts raining while I open the door''
I just discovered there's a giant jellyfish in the Ace RTP. My day is made.
I'm pretty sure I submitted a username change like 4 months ago.
No offense but uh, still waiting for my name to be updated :/
Boss #1 - All 3 phases.
w5fSXys.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul_code