jamcdonald120

Master Eventer, Novice Scripter, Pathetic Spriter
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I recently got RPG maker MZ, I havent played since RPG maker VX oh a decade ago.
I was tinkering with the animations, I remember back in VX you could have multiple particle effects in 1 animation. And you could control which frame each particle effect came in on.
I cant seem to find this in MZ. Am I missing something?

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sadly, the only way is to make animations in an MV project, then copy over the sprite sheets and animations.js to the MZ project. It's very clunky for people who prefer doing it the old school way and not use Effekseer instead. Also, previewing imported animations won't work, but they'll play normally ingame.

jamcdonald120

Master Eventer, Novice Scripter, Pathetic Spriter
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Well thats.... Irritating.
Do we know why they decited to remove it?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Frustrated, as always. I took a break from working on games and when I turned back to working on them again, bam! Slapped in the face with more errors. Such is the pain of working on any project, I suppose.
Checking out the Judge's Round Table. Really cool getting their perspective in a Q/A environment like this.
I'm heading back to Orlando tomorrow! Dad said he's going to take me to my favorite arcade and maybe Aquatica.
animated message windows <3
or message window that uses background images that can be animated?
Still need to fix some things, but it's going great so far :)
CEPjLJn.gif
just when I thought one of the greatest game of all time couldn't get any better, they announce a new dlc for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neah