Vx tilesets in XP

Bokvakk

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Hi!
I am going to buy RPG Maker, either Vx or XP, because of their cheaper price. I like the color scheme and the characters of VX better, but I like the mapping feature of XP best. Is it possible, and legal, for me to use the tilesets and characters from VX in XP without buying both? Or does someone know about a free tileset with a style and color scheme similar to that of the VX tileset? Thank you for taking your time to answer.
//Bokvakk

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, you need to own both the maker where a RTP comes from and the maker where you want to use it.

However, I would advice against VX and suggest VX Ace instead - Ace has a lot of improvements over VX and if you're willing to wait for a sale it's actually cheaper than VX, because for Ace there is a steam version that goes on sale at one of the steam-resellers two or three times per year, sometimes dropping the proce to 15% (off 85%).

And currently all makers are 80% off in this sites main store (only a few days, don't know when the sale will end exactly)

However, even if you own both makers, it won't be easy to transfer VX (or VXA) tilesheets to XP, because XP has a different autotile structure - those autotiles would basically have to be redone.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And while XP allows you to have very large tilesets, it only lets you have a maximum of 7 autotiles per map.  VX and Ace have MANY autotiles.  It would be a tough choice to select the ones you want to use on an XP map even before you get to the need to convert the format.

Luck Of Kurisu Saimon Des

Expert Member??♣
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Shaz is correct... vx ace has more features So I'd Recommend Vx Ace 

Simple Enough For A Child Powerful Enough For A Developer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is i possible too make a weapon have a chance of using a skill?
Can the Eternal Dreamers finish off the final boss? We'll see!
Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
I was making a cutscene where Hero's dad got killed by the dragon but when he lose its say game over and send you to the tittle screen. How can remove game over for that cutscene

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harway