VX to Ace Project Conversion Program

Discussion in 'RGSSx Scripts In Development' started by FenixFyreX, Apr 25, 2012.

1. gpprpg

gpprpg Warper Member

First Language:
    hungary
    Hi!

When I try to run (as admin) vx2ace.exe this windows appear and disappear immediately. What should I do?

[​IMG]

error.jpg

2. Gamer91112

Gamer91112 Game Designer - Levels, Quests, Battles Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow, dude!!!! Thank you soooooooo much!!! You have seriously just saved my life. I was wondering if I should abandon my RPG that I started about a month ago in RPG Maker VX, because I just received the RPG Maker VX Ace in Christmas, but this program of yours will have saved soo much of my time! Would you mind it if I added you to the credits of my RPG?

3. VillainFan42

VillainFan42 Fan of Villains Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Whenever I try to convert, it always ends up not responding. HELP ME!

4. VillainFan42

VillainFan42 Fan of Villains Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've downloaded the converter, but for whatever reason it always ends up not responding whenever I try it. Is there anything I need to change in the original VX game before the conversion works? It's worth knowing that I'm using it on Paralells on a Mac, so should I put all my crap on a flash drive and use a regular PC for it?

EDIT: Just tried it with 2 completely new projects. It worked perfectly. The problem, I think, is that the game uses a crapload of events and musics I put into the game from other sources. How do I get those to work?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013
  5. ragnawind

ragnawind Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Music won't affect it. If you have scripts in the project, you may have to delete them, sice they are not supported without being re-coded for the new version of RHSS used.

6. Ninjakillzu

Ninjakillzu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I converted my vx rpg into ace with this converter but I have run into some problems with the normal attack. When I looked and saw the attack skill, it says the normal attack state has a 0% chance of applying. In the states,  there was no normal attack state. Also what is the skill note supposed to say? Is it: _.::~|-ATTACK-|~::._ , _.::~|-ATTACK-|~::._", or "_.::~|-ATTACK-|~::._". I've tried all 3 but my normal attack still doesn't work. I also get an error when I click on the attack and guarding skills:

Internal Error

Script '(eval)' line 1: NoMethodError occured

undefined method type=' for #<Hash:0xf4458e0>

I have no clue what this means as I know nothing about scripting. The guard move is not working as well. When I press attack or guard in a battle test or in game, it just uses 1 of the classes skills instead of attacking with a weapon or guarding.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2013
  7. FenixFyreX

FenixFyreX Fire Deity Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Ninjakillzu: It is the first; no quotes are necessary. In fact, the notetag isn't necessary unless you specifically want a different attack and defend skill as the default ones. Just put the scriptlet in and it should be okay. The defaults are skill 1 and skill 2 in the database.

@VillainFan42: I'd use a regular PC. My program uses the registry to find the RTP folder, etc. It's made solely for Windows, as are the RPG Makers.

@Everyone: I'm working on a more user friendly, able-to-be-debugged version of this. Hold tight!

Acetonide likes this.
  8. ClawsofSlash

ClawsofSlash Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I also have this issue...

9. Mestarian

Mestarian Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    For some reason when i try to download this Chrome seems to block it as it sees it as malicious... not sure if this is just a false positive or what...

10. FenixFyreX

First Language:
    English
    I assure you it isn't. Chrome marks most non-signed executable files as malicious, it's a great feature to keep you informed about what is actually being saved to your computer :)

Probability of a false positive: 100%

@Anyone: I've lost the original code for this project, so I guess I'll have to rebuild it if enough people find it useful / still need it. Let me know please.

11. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    hum a pretty interesting program it help a lot to convert all data in the good format 

it just sad it cant convert script  but in same time is better to just go see if the author convert is script inself..because most of time they fix some bug or find new better way of do the job who reduce the lag.

BTW I love your job FenixFireX I hope you if they make a another rpg maker you will make a converter program of ace to X edition ;3

12. Graalcool

Graalcool New to Rpg maker so don't insult me for my mistake Member

First Language:
    English
    Me too!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
  13. FenixFyreX

First Language:
    English
    @anyone having the missing folder error:

Try running the application as an administrator. If that doesn't work:

Go into your home folder, usually C:/Users/<YourUserName>

Create a folder, and name it ".vx2ace", without the quotes.

C:/Users/<YourUserName>/.vx2ace

Then run the program.

That should solve the immediate problem. Can anyone try that, and post the results? I have to rebuild this from scratch otherwise!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
  14. cypress_z

cypress_z Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I seem to be having the same problem that Ninjakillzu had with the basic attack and defense. Namely that every time I select it in the menu or use it in the game I get an error that's roughly the same as his.

"Internal Error

Script '(eval)' line 1: NoMethodError occured"

Different hash code, same deal.

The scriptlet is in but the error is still there with the attacks skill. Does the scriptlet have to be in any special place or can it just be pasted in like any script? I haven't noticed anything unusual here that should be causing the error, but I cannot seem to fix it.

Mind that it at least isn't causing any problems in game, but that's really darn annoying when I'm flipping through menus.

Thanks again for making this thing by the way. It probably would have taken me a year to remake my VX game in VX Ace by hand.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  15. Samurott375

Samurott375 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I got the program and it opens the .exe but nothing else happens. It just closes :/

16. FenixFyreX

First Language:
    English
    I'm rewriting this as we speak. It is going to be hosted inside RPG Maker VxAce, and will process converting everything within Ace's scope. I hope to finish next Friday, if not sooner. We'll see.

17. SKODR

SKODR Warper Member

First Language:
    Polish
    YES!

Thank you so much, this program is great! :)

18. PaladinFaDayz

PaladinFaDayz Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I ran the program and it worked but when I go into the game and start a battle I get an error message saying "Script 'Game_Battler' line 366: NoMethodError occurred. undefined method '<' for nil:NilClass" I'm new to Ace and do not know if I am required to do something before going into a battle or if I copied the script over wrong.

19. Ghun

Ghun Event Creator Member

First Language:
    English
    So I have tried everything you said for troubleshoot but when I load the program it deletes the .vx2ace folder and refuses to work. 

20. dax

dax Veteran Veteran

I guess this never came to be or did I miss another thread? I was just trying this on an old project, but it doesn't work. It opens a CMD window and then closes itself. Running it into cmd tells me that it is searching for some file (registry.rb) inside myuser\appdata

I actually have that file btw but it's not there