[VXA] Making a common event party command with Yanfly Battle Command List? (or another script)

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Arsist, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Arsist

Arsist Veteran Veteran

So I'm using Battle Command List https://github.com/Archeia/YEARepo/blob/master/Battle/Battle_Command_List.rb

which allows for custom handlers but I cannot figure out how to make custom party commands. For example, Escape is a party command. But I'd also like the ability to do things like change in-battle "settings" and to be able to revive "Mortally-Dead" members using alive members' EXP aka Essence. Let's just skip the explainations for those.

Here are my settings:

class Scene_Battleattr_reader :ess_revive def ess_revive $game_temp.reserve_common_event(70) return endend 
    This is my custom command. I also made sure that the problem wasn't just that a common event couldn't be called, by testing and simply having it so that ess_revive turned on a switch, then when I conditional branched to see if the switch was on at the end of the turn after I had selected "revival", the switch was still not on.

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # - Party Command Custom Commands - # - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - # For those who use scripts to that may produce unique effects in battle, # use this hash to manage the custom commands for the Party Command Window. # You can disable certain commands or prevent them from appearing by using # switches. If you don't wish to bind them to a switch, set the proper # switch to 0 for it to have no impact. #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- CUSTOM_PARTY_COMMANDS ={ # :command => ["Display Name", EnableSwitch, ShowSwitch, Handler Method], :revival => [ "Revival", 0, 0, :ess_revive], :custom1 => [ "Custom Name", 0, 0, :command_name1], :custom2 => [ "Custom Name", 13, 0, :command_name2], } # Do not remove this. 
    Code:
        # This array arranges the order of which the commands appear in the Party    # Command window.    PARTY_COMMANDS =[      :fight,      :autobattle,      :party,    # :custom1,      :combatlog,      :revival,    ] # Do not remove this. 
    Code:
      def make_command_list    for command in YEA::BATTLE_COMMANDS::PARTY_COMMANDS      case command#--      when :revival        add_command("Revival", :ess_revive)#--#If this is not here, selecting revival does nothing and causes the game to freeze. #Well, more it's stuck in some sort of a loop.#When this part /is/ here, selecting revival simply does nothing.      when :fight        add_command(Vocab::fight, :fight)      when :escape        add_command(Vocab::escape, :escape, BattleManager.can_escape?)      when :combatlog        next unless $imported["YEA-CombatLogDisplay"]        add_command(YEA::COMBAT_LOG::COMMAND_NAME, :combatlog)      when :autobattle        next unless $imported["YEA-CommandAutobattle"]        add_autobattle_command      when :party        next unless $imported["YEA-PartySystem"]        next unless $imported["YEA-CommandParty"]        add_party_command      else        process_custom_command(command)      end    end  end 
    So that was my attempt. But starting from square 1 with this script or not, or making a new custom script entirely, I'm just not sure how to make a custom party command in battle.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014
  2. Arsist

Arsist Veteran Veteran

Bump

3. Draco141

Draco141 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Up.

I too would like to know how to create a common event battle command.

Sorry for necro.