DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey there, needed a short little modification to GALV's Invader Minigame script. Basically, I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to add an extra image between the backdrop image and the score/health/power-up section. Basically, so I can put an image between those two layers to act as a HUD of sorts.

I don't quite get RUBY coding enough to do it myself, but I'd assume it'd take maybe five or six lines of coding to throw that in there, right?

Link to GALV's Invader Minigame: https://galvs-scripts.com/2013/03/18/invader-mini-game/

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Also, I got Galv's permission to go to these forums to ask for help in this matter, go to the comments on that link and you'll find where he says to do just that because he's too busy to work on it.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Scripts' is where people who have written scripts that they want to share with the community can post them.
[move]RGSS3 Script Requests[/move]

DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'Scripts' is where people who have written scripts that they want to share with the community can post them.
[move]RGSS3 Script Requests[/move]
My bad! Thank you very much. I actually thought I put it into requests and not directly into scripts. Whoopsies.

gregbaby

Evil Genius. o_O
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I second this! I'm using this mini game in my project too but that standard health bar be ugly!!! its a great script though!

DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I second this! I'm using this mini game in my project too but that standard health bar be ugly!!! its a great script though!

I know right? I've customized the background and I'm going to customize the ships soon too, but the HUD would be amazing to edit. I saw somewhere that someone had done it for a Final Fantasy-based game, saw a screenshot and they had figured it out, so it IS possible

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What's the name of the game that did it?

Last edited:

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would have liked to see what it looked like. I don't see a picture of the invader mini game.

DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would have liked to see what it looked like. I don't see a picture of the invader mini game.
https://rpgmaker.net/games/4071/images/51498/
There's the direct link to the picture's entry on that game page, and here's the actual picture itself.
Airship_Assault.PNG

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There you go:
Code:
class Scene_Invaders < Scene_Base

def init_back_new
    @back_new = Sprite.new
    @back_new.bitmap = Cache.space("filename_here") # Set the filename here
    @back_new.x = 0 # X position
    @back_new.y = 0 # Y position
    @back_new.z = 0 # Z level
    @back_new.opacity = 255 # Opacity ( from 0 to 255 )
  end

alias add_back7725 create_backdrop
  def create_backdrop
    add_back7725
    init_back_new
  end

alias disp_back9926 dispose_graphics
  def dispose_graphics
    disp_back9926
    @back_new.bitmap.dispose
    @back_new.dispose
  end

end
Put this right below Galv's mini-game script.
Change the filename to whatever name your image got. It is loaded from the same folder all the other images are in.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Awesome @Sixth , works well. Now I just realized that there are undisposed graphics in the original script. Need to figure that out.
invader1sprites.png

DoctorArtist

Time Splicer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There you go:
Code:
class Scene_Invaders < Scene_Base

def init_back_new
    @back_new = Sprite.new
    @back_new.bitmap = Cache.space("filename_here") # Set the filename here
    @back_new.x = 0 # X position
    @back_new.y = 0 # Y position
    @back_new.z = 0 # Z level
    @back_new.opacity = 255 # Opacity ( from 0 to 255 )
  end

alias add_back7725 create_backdrop
  def create_backdrop
    add_back7725
    init_back_new
  end

alias disp_back9926 dispose_graphics
  def dispose_graphics
    disp_back9926
    @back_new.bitmap.dispose
    @back_new.dispose
  end

end
Put this right below Galv's mini-game script.
Change the filename to whatever name your image got. It is loaded from the same folder all the other images are in.

Thanks a bunch! This is amazing!
Here's what I've worked on so far when it comes to the code you wrote for this. Again, I cannot thank you enough, you've opened the doors to limitless possibilities.
InvadersNewRegSize.png

Awesome @Sixth , works well. Now I just realized that there are undisposed graphics in the original script. Need to figure that out.

There's undisposed graphics in the original, eh? How interesting, I never knew that! o.o

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm back from an 11 year hiatus. Lol
I sometime envy the people that haven't played Skyrim yet. I feel like I could trade the whole world to be able to make my first pilgrimage to High Hrothgar all over again
Come join us while we play Pocket Mirror by Astral Shift! :LZSjoy: Starting at 2PM ET today!
Tried changing profile icon but...It just felt weird, you know? Who would even want to talk to me if I didn't have this fat yellow rodent thing....Or whatever it is as a mascot....No one, that's who! I am nothing without it. NOTHING!!..
I am having such a good hair day but because it's thunderstorms all day I don't go out and as such nobody will see my hair >.< It's not often my hair cooperates!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aki42