VXACE - Modern/Semi Futuristic City Tilesets?

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by Diarist, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Diarist

Diarist Small and bitter. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Resource Type: Tilesets

Maker Format: VX Ace

Art Style: Ace RTP if possible.

Description: So, for my game if I do wind up making it (thread here if you're interested/want more context), a majority of the story takes place in Castelia City from the Unova region. I'm not looking to create an exact replica per se, but an approximation (it's about a century into the future so liberties can be taken).

But for the most part i am wondering if there have been any "big city" tilesets made for modern day or even a semi-futuristic or cyberpunk type of aesthetic. Think like New York City. Maybe even a bit of Tokyo. I did some searching and couldn't turn up anything. I might just be blind though, so if anyone can point me to anything that'd be appreciated. I imagine something like this has definitely already been made since it can be a pretty common setting.

Ace's base tilesets make it very hard to create a non-medieval/high fantasy city/town (can still make a nice sewer level though haha), so I'm definitely going to need something custom that's been made for free use. Of course all credit would be given if/when this project gets on its feet.

Reference Images: For anyone wondering/not familiar, Castelia City's concept art from B/W: https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/a/ae/Castelia_City.png

And a game screenshot:
    [​IMG]

(A lot of this will take place on the streets, alleyways, and inside buildings like in the screenshot there. But more top down as is with RPGmaker's engine/formatting. So getting the big towering buildings to show isn't a huge priority. You'll go inside some of them but that's about it).

Thank you in advance!!

2. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you have some cash to burn, pick up Celianna's Futuristic Tile Pack: https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/a/rpg-maker-vxace-tileset/futuristic-tiles

There's quite a few sci-fi and modern tiles available in the shop.

I used to have a few websites bookmarked containing modern tiles, but most of them have gone the way of the dodo. Here's one that works: http://nanikasiratkool.web.fc2.com/tilesets/tilesets01.html

The site is in Japanese, but @slimmmeiske2 translated the terms here.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :)

Diarist likes this.
  3. Diarist

Diarist Small and bitter. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh wow that one is GORGEOUS. Almost perfect even, jesus <3
    I'm definitely gonna consider this for sure. And keep looking. Thank you very much!

And of course if you find anything else yourself or anyone else finds anything else please be sure to tell me!

The Stranger likes this.