[VXAce] Question about actor sprites

luna_blade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
So I have a question for about the actor sprite.

The problem is that we actually need an actor of two block high and not just one.

Or we might need some kind of zoom on the actor.

This is a progress video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuasdhWJRe0&list=PL31xsaV0Hu8b7mmlK36d-OXuH648XXx0I&index=3

And this is where you can see how big the actor actually should be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th8aSKbAbqc

The scripts he uses:

Neon Black - Djinn System (is almost my already...)
Neon Black - CP Keyboard Input script  
Victor Engine - Basic Module
Victor Engine - Pixel Movement
Victor Engine - Multi Frames
Victor Engine - Diagonal Movement
Victor Engine - Animated Battle
Victor Engine - Actors Battlers
Victor Engine - Character Control
Selchar - Battler Attack Manager
Selchar - Weapon Skill Unleash
MOG - Simple Anti Lag

But... I wrote a LOT of things too and my codes are mixed with the RPG Maker codes. And one of the things I wrote is to make some of these scripts compatible with each others.
So how can we change the actor sprite? I thought of just taking a bigger sprite. But how to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So how can we change the actor sprite? I thought of just taking a bigger sprite. But how to do that?
Basically, you open GIMP or Photoshop or whatever you're using as a graphic software and make a bigger sprite...
There is no size restriction on sprites, you only need to conform to the structure (number of pictures that are combined in the sprite sheet).

If the sprite is larger than 32x32, the editor will cut it down to 32x32 to make sure the grid on the surrounding tiles is still editable, but in the game itself the sprite will be displayed full size.

You can download either the free resources from PVGames or export the RTP's "BigMonster" Spritesheets from the resource manager to get examples of oversized sprites.

EDIT:

It might be that the pixel movement script doesn't allow for a larger than 32x32 sprite for movement and collision detection - in that case you have to look for a pixel movement script that allows that, or modify the script - but that is independent of the sprite itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

luna_blade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Basically, you open GIMP or Photoshop or whatever you're using as a graphic software and make a bigger sprite...

There is no size restriction on sprites, you only need to conform to the structure (number of pictures that are combined in the sprite sheet).

If the sprite is larger than 32x32, the editor will cut it down to 32x32 to make sure the grid on the surrounding tiles is still editable, but in the game itself the sprite will be displayed full size.

You can download either the free resources from PVGames or export the RTP's "BigMonster" Spritesheets from the resource manager to get examples of oversized sprites.

EDIT:

It might be that the pixel movement script doesn't allow for a larger than 32x32 sprite for movement and collision detection - in that case you have to look for a pixel movement script that allows that, or modify the script - but that is independent of the sprite itself.
Hmm, okay I will defintely try that out. And I guess I must have done something wrong when I tried it earlier, because then only one of the two "blocks" were visible (in the attachment is my sprite and the two blocks seperated with green). And the sprite doesn't probably need to bigger than 64x64.

About the Pixel Movement script: I will tell him about it. Cause I think that's the problem.

Kraden.bmp

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a spritesheet consist of either 3x4 sprite pictures for a single sprite (this will need a $ in the spritename to indicate "single"), or 12x8 sprite pictures for a full 2x8 character sheet.

Look at how the existing spritesheets are structured in the resource manager, you cannot use single pictures for sprites.

Each sprite consists of 3 animations in four directions...

luna_blade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
a spritesheet consist of either 3x4 sprite pictures for a single sprite (this will need a $ in the spritename to indicate "single"), or 12x8 sprite pictures for a full 2x8 character sheet.

Look at how the existing spritesheets are structured in the resource manager, you cannot use single pictures for sprites.

Each sprite consists of 3 animations in four directions...
Oh. I didn't that know yet... well that explains it all.

Last edited by a moderator:

luna_blade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
After some testing and comparing, I got it done.

Thanks for all the help.

This thread can be closed now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.
now I need to determine, how MV determines if an auto tile is complete or not.
Edit:From what I can tell it uses Autotile kinds to do that.
Edit 2: The editor determines it and packs picture data for the engine....
Finished with the ground work for my class system, using Ellye's Class Change Equipment and Yanfly's Class Change Core plugins to implement an equip based subclass feature!
Hi people! I was wondering... Here in Brazil, we have a whats app group for we talk about rpg maker and our projects. A more informal way for we meet each other. Is there any whats app group out there? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnuRavi