RealApoc

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
About the game;

Synopsis

The protagonist wakes up, cannot find their glasses. Things are astray, there are cryptic messages dotted around their house with no explanation. It is time to dig deep and see how far the rabbit hole goes

The game is set in an undisclosed time and place (on purpose!) and Frank (our “hero”) finds that things are not as they had been left.

This game is NOT a character study, the player can choose the sex and name of the protagonist, what it is however, is a study into Frank’s psyche. It is an exploration of a state of mind rather than the character him/herself. There are other NPC's dotted about, but they are either mad, inanimate objects or floating help crystals... strange. Take that as you wish.

Gameplay

Non-combat AR Puzzle game. Now I understand that that sounds like a bunch of nonsense but hear me out. The AR puzzle aspect comes from the fact that the game asks puzzles of the player that are near enough impossible to complete without extra research.

For example, The game may give the player a clue such as “10011010” A corresponding NPC might ask for a password, the player would have to figure out to translate the binary into decimal. Admittedly that is a very boring application, I don’t want to spoil many (if any) of the puzzles.

There is a link to the first demo below, if you know the answers to all the puzzles, The demo runs about 8 minutes. Otherwise it could be an hour of puzzling bliss!

[IMG]https://mindfulgamesblog.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/screenshot1.png?w=660[/IMG]

The following screenshot is of the first “note” Frank receives. It is part of the very first puzzle, What can you figure out from it?

[IMG]https://mindfulgamesblog.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/screenshot-2.png?w=660[/IMG]

Although in the current demo there is no voice acting I am currently looking to implement it. I have been recording the lines for the male protagonist, just to test the water. Below is the Youtube link showing it off! any critisism is welcome (I am currently the voice actor!)

The mediafire link for the current demo: Yes it is editable. I must apologise, my *ahem* eventing is VERY spaghetti code. Just a warning!

https://www.mediafire.com/?xd7bcf6a37ajk8u

This is a link to my blog, I will be posting other updates there as well

https://mindfulgamesblog.wordpress.com/

A note on critisism: I have been a musician by trade for quite a while! I know that the best way to get better at any craft is through critisism. Any and all is VERY welcome, I am very grateful of anybody who has decided to play my game over all the myriad of others available!

Thank you all for your time

Last edited by a moderator:

RealApoc

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bump - Also, just waiting on some artwork to finish of the project! If any mods are reading this, Can I get this thread moved over to the completed projects when  it is finished or will I have to shut this down and make a new thread over there

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

100 Horror/Tragedy Sample Maps, Penguin Mech Sprite, & TileD Templates | RPG Maker News #70

Continuing working on abs. So far I have done the workout twice. I am excited to see the results after a couple of weeks. How is everyone doing? :)
MZ: oh boy imma work today
Me, excited: Really?
MZ, doesn't do what I tell It too
Me: I Thought-
MZ: I am Working!
Oof, this "side project" of mine is starting to get as complex as a VS plugin, at least as far as plugin parameters are concerned. I think I now understand why a plugin like this doesn't already exist(that I know of). Learning a lot while trying to make it work though!
Had apparently not checked Itch for 3 months, kind of forgot I had an account rofl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scorlight