Woland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm making a cutscene. The cutscene takes a blank event, teleports it to a location, gives it an image and makes it walk a route. Pretty straightforward stuff:
1585400315379.png

Problem is, when the whole thing gets executed, the King doesn't stand straight. It defaults to the frame where he's taking a step:

1585400357856.png

I investigated and it's not a problem with the sprite - it's set up correctly. This happens in every cutscene where I want the character to appear, walk a bit and then just stop.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm making a cutscene. The cutscene takes a blank event, teleports it to a location, gives it an image and makes it walk a route. Pretty straightforward stuff:
View attachment 138071

Problem is, when the whole thing gets executed, the King doesn't stand straight. It defaults to the frame where he's taking a step:

View attachment 138072

I investigated and it's not a problem with the sprite - it's set up correctly. This happens in every cutscene where I want the character to appear, walk a bit and then just stop.

Any ideas how to fix it?
What kind of plugins are you using? Are you able to replicate the bug in a brand new project without any plugins? If so, then you'll know the error is with how the sprite it laid out. If the bug isn't replicable in a new project, it's safe to assume a plugin you're using is causing the error.

MightyEgg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the set movemnt route use "stepping animation off" if you let the mouse corsor for some sec without move will appear all information you need to know.
Let me know if that worked :).

Woland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ace of Spades: even in a new project with RTP sprites - same problem.
@MightyEgg: Stepping animation off or walking animations off don't change anything.

The engine behaves as if the left pose in the spritesheet was a default, not the central one.

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ace of Spades: even in a new project with RTP sprites - same problem.
@MightyEgg: Stepping animation off or walking animations off don't change anything.

The engine behaves as if the left pose in the spritesheet was a default, not the central one.
When you set the original image on the original event page is it selecting the middle one or not, probably because of that. You can probably add this script call in movement route to change original pattern.
Code:
this._originalPattern = 1;

Last edited:

Woland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not like it lets me choose - it just selects the whole walksheet, not a specific frame:
1585416274479.png

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not like it lets me choose - it just selects the whole walksheet, not a specific frame:
View attachment 138115
I mean when you choose base image of event in editor, that lets you choose specific pattern. The script call above will let you change that pattern selected,
Code:
this._pattern = 1;
will change the current pattern.

Woland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That was it! The base image for the event was none and that's what was throwing the whole thing off. I've fixed it by making an empty character sheet and just selecting the middle empty space instead of having no image at the start.

Thanks!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[CLOSED].[/CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's my cute little ghost~
Minecraft Dungeons is a great example of a game that's much simpler than other games in its genre but almost as equally immersive and fun to play. Lotta RPGmaker devs could learn from that lesson.
Well, it's been a while since the last time I came here... Is there a JS scripting FAQ? I'd like to know what it's capable of achieving, and how :rswt
I love the Time Fantasy tiles, but haven't played anything made with it yet. Can anyone recommend me something?
Vote for what I show more indepth on Twitter tomorrow from the MZ default resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimmydark