Yin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Does anyone know of a way to make a character walk off screen (Passed the edge of the map)? As it is now, characters can only walk to the edge of the map.

TeamContinent

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Try making some tiles that can be passable. I'd assume that would work.

Yin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The problem with that is I can't put tiles on spaces that do not exist and if I make the map bigger, then it ruins it because the camera will be centered on the player and probably show black space where the map would have normally ended.

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Do you mean screen transitions like in Zelda? or do you just want the character to seem like he is walking off screen.

Yin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just want to make it seem like the character is walking off of the screen.

Brigg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Pssh. I'm trying to get help solving my issue where I can't stop my character from walking off the map. In my case, the map screen won't follow the player to the last 3 tiles on the right, so the player walks off screen. It's a random glitch that I can't recreate on my own. Getting very frustrated. If I find how it's happening and can recreate it, I'll let you know so you can tweak it to your liking.

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Yin: Make your map bigger by a few tiles and try this script by Hime http://himeworks.com/2013/04/camera-target/ you can also do this without scripts simply make another event with the same sprite as the character and set it to transparent then set it on through and have it moved to where the character is. Have the event play out normal and right before you want your character to move off screen set the event's transparency off and players on then have the event move off screen (you will still have to make the map bigger).

Yin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok, so I'd have to kind of set the camera's boundary to be within the map that I want to show. Got it, somewhat. I'll try it out.

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Do you think horror RM games are still a thing today? :|
Now counting one week of skies alternating between cloud, rain, and heavy winds, in the middle of summer. Sure puts a new meaning to the phrase "strange weather around here"
Vacation from work coming up, hope I can smash out a bunch of progress on my game
We gather here on this divine day of Saturday, to proceed with the game make! Praise be.
No way, these madlads actually did it, they made Sans in real life

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LazIsConcerned