Walking Animation Not Working After Cutscene (Solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crayonchan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm fairly new to working with RPG Maker, and I've come across an issue I can't seem to find a solution for.

The character moves around fine on the map before hand, but after moving into the map that starts right with a cutscene, once it ends the characters walking animation will not work, though the character will still move.

Here's a screenshot of the event for the cutscene, if that helps. The second page is blank with the Self Switch turned on.1581913856251.png

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, I'd appreciate it! Thank you!

Windyhouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You've turned off the player's walking animation in your first move route. I don't think you need to turn it on in the first place. If you remove that, it should work fine!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The player has walking animation on by default. The only reason you would ever change that is if you wanted them to slide - and in that case, you'd turn it OFF first, and then turn it back ON later.

You might also want to reset the player speed to 4, which is the default, after that move route, otherwise players will find it very slow.

crayonchan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah, I should have known it would have been something as easy as that. Thank you both for your help!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@crayonchan When your question is resolved please Report your opening post and ask for the thread to be closed. Mods might not see a post or change of title but they will see a Report.

However, as I am here...
[CLOSED].[/CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pft... people think the moon landing is fake. Nonsense. The moon doesnt even exist in the first place, it's just the reflection of the earth on the surface of space.
I don't know if anyone will get my old pop culture references. Item: Empty Basket. Description: Don't worry. Yogi Bear won't try to steal it.
My second childrens book is finally uploaded and approved and available to buy! I am so happy!
I just realized I passed 1,000 likes. I'm amazed you people actually like this crap. It's no surprise you'd like my high quality content. :kaopride:
Running on a creative high right now. Expanding my Redwood tile D with doors, windows, and some other odds and ends today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Etawaha