Not open for further replies.

Vengenous

MAwakens
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey guys, still new to the RPG Maker VX Ace. I was in the process of making my game which I ran a million times perfectly- but all of a sudden I’m NOW able to walk on water tiles in the world map???!!!

How to I stop this? There’s no event, not even a tileset to change passage restrictions. Not even the ship vehicle can drive through the water. The rock tiles in the water are not pass-through so I know my character isn’t a “ghost” able to pass through everything. There is something wrong with the water and I can’t seem to figure it out.

image.jpg

Why am I on water????

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you want to add something, just use the Edit button on your first post and add the additional information etc. I have merged them for you.

Check the particular tile set in the database (Tilesets tab). Your water will be at the top of the A tab. Make sure it has an X on it, which makes it impassable.

If it already has, check your B tab. The tile at the very top left corner should have no graphic on it and should be set to 'star'. If it is set to anything else, it will mess up the passability of the whole tile set.

If both those things are okay, then we need to see a screen shot of your tile set in the editor.

Vengenous

MAwakens
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am using tileset FIELD, both the water tile has the X and blank tile has the star.
As mentioned before, I have tested my game countless times and it was working perfectly fine until recently.

Attachments

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have the sand/water tab in the top left set to passable. My guess is that that is acting as a "gateway" so to speak to allowing you to walk on water, like if you put a passable tile next to a roof, it allows you to walk on it.

I may be wrong, but I'd try changing that setting and see if it fixes it.

Last edited:

Vengenous

MAwakens
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Woooooooow!!!!!! You are a life savior! I feel incredibly silly.
Thank you so much guys!!!!!

Everything is back to normal now :D

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Glad that worked!

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made another map, this one even has a cool moving waterfall. I'll have an animated GIF later whenever I'm done adding stuff. :LZSwink:
Back here again?! RPG MAKER, I can't quit you. :kaosigh:
um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.
Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet88net