Graverobber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I know that this is a very common problem. I looked for an answer in other threads, but none matches my problem! I have this tileset and Im using the blue tile to make the walls in a new map. And I simply can walk through the walls! The weirdest thing is: In other map, Im using the red tile and everything works fine! I also changed a blue wall to a red wall and... It works! It seems like the red tile is bugged or something like that. Somebody can help me?

help 1.jpg help 2.jpg

The tileset is in A4. In the second print I pointed to the good tile (red arrow) and the problem tile (blue arrow).

Graverobber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm testing some things through the map and I've found even stranger things. For example, in this entrance the character cannot enter the walls from the right. But enter on the left. There are random blocks across the map where the wall is working as it should and others where I can walk on it. Completely random. wtf

help 3.jpg

help 4.jpg

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In other map, Im using the red tile and everything works fine! I also changed a blue wall to a red wall and... It works! It seems like the red tile is bugged or something like that.
If the red wall works correctly every place you try, why would it be bugged? :rolleyes:

But it sounds like you have exactly the problem that you would've seen in the other threads you looked up. It's a bit hard to tell because your screenshot of your (apparently custom) tileset is cropped down and some of the tiles are very dark, but I'm betting that blue is actually in the place on the sheet where a ceiling should be, not a wall.

As I'm sure you saw from looking at other posts, ceiling tiles have hard-coded passability settings and that would cause the strange behavior you're experiencing.

Graverobber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I deleted the entire map and made a new one. Everything works fine now and I dont changed anything in the tiles configuration. I think I experienced a little bug.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
most likely it wasn't a bug, but an invisible decoration tile overriding the ground passability.
this link gives some background on how maps are stored and how it works
the original issue described there was the reason why that specific tile is now fixed to star and that error itself cannot happen any longer, but because the MZ now enabled manual layering it can mess up passability in other ways if you're not careful.

Graverobber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This makes some sense. Because always before I start the map, I do a kind of "sketch", dividing the rooms of a house for example and using any random tiles. I think that was it then!

The strange thing is that during the problem I checked all the layers and there was nothing hidden "underneath" the floor and walls, nor on top, etc.

But anyway, thanks. Now before I start making the final map, I'm going to be careful to clean everything up.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I do a kind of "sketch", dividing the rooms of a house for example and using any random tiles
another solution would be to make that sketch as a picture (or on paper and scan it as a picture), and then set it as the map background picture with the option of "show in editor".
that way your planning is constantly visible and can later be deleted by removing the background.

Graverobber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I didn't know about this trick! I learned something new that will definitely come in handy. Thank you very much.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Current status screens for Shadows of the Earth: The Vrila'an Legend. Need to do something about the color scheme lol
Captura de pantalla (259).pngCaptura de pantalla (260).png
My first serious victim in game hacking - Pawnbarian.
Diana Path 2.png
I love these two design wise lol... The high school principal and the captain of the women's wrestling team. they team up as bosses to save the school's accreditation.
Kanori24 wrote on TheRamenGirl's profile.
I love your profile pic. Definitely one of my favorite scenes from OPM :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRagingKing