Reaction score
First Language
Usa
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im using rpg mv
Can anyone tell me how to
Create an arrow trap where arrows keep shooting out a wall
Untill a switch is pressed also if you walk infront of the arrow it makes you lose hp when it touches you.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
"How do I ....?" (implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using.

[move]RPGMaker MV[/move]

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have the "arrows flying" graphic? You will need that before anything, a 3 frame character sheet will do, then you create an event.

Page 1 is the arrows "shooting" set the graphic as the arrows animation, on stepping so they animate on their own, set it to below characters so players can try to "pass" on it, and set the event to activate on "player touch", then you add a player move route 1 step backwards + damage effect, maybe a flash red screen/player.

Page 2 will be empty, activated by a "trap off" or whatever name you want to call the off switch, you of course set this switch to "on" on a lever/button/plate/etc you set somewhere else, even as a puzzle "reward", up to you on that part, so that when that lever-thing is activated, it offs the arrow trap.

copy the "arrow trap" event for as many squares as the hallway is wide, or be lazy and make a thin hallway :3

The complicated part of it all is getting the "arrows shooting" graphics, that one will have to be custom made.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"sorry it took me so long to respond" - can we please agree not to say that anymore unless it actually took a long time?! (Like 36hrs at least) I mean, I'm running out of funny responses here xD
Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.
I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!
I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pandoleya