Demure_Hero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
UPDATE: The answer was simple to this issue. Some walls are made so that you can walk on them but they have to have a missing wall below them to enter them at the south side. (I think you also have to have a missing wall to the left and the right for this to work, but still only enterable from the bottom)

If anyone knows all the rules of this special wall collision, please let me know. See below for my last post explaining how to make an event to turn off this wall walking feature.

Hello,friends!

Developers: thanks for an amazing product!

That said, I need your help with something. I honestly hope this is my mistake. I could easily build an event to fix this issue, but I wanted to ask if their is a cleaner way to correct the problem. If this is caused by something I have done, I would like to prevent myself from causing it in the future. And if it is a glitch, I know Kadokawa will want to know a bout it.

So here is the issue I am having. There is one side of one wall tile that for an unknown reason, is passable. You can approach the entire wall set any where else, including other sides of the same tile, and you can't pass through. But once you have passed this one side of this one wall, suddenly you can walk along all like walls of that type.Then, if I click at a random spot on the other side of a door, instead of routing through the door, the character enters the nearest wall tile and then routes through the side of the wall tile in question.

I have included 7 screenshots to help show what I am experiencing: 1A, 1B, 1C, 2, 3, 4, & 5.

Image 1A:A red dot showing which wall and what side of that wall is passable and A green dot showing the wall that I am able to suddenly enter when I click on the lower room floor. Please note that the green dotted wall is not passable if I try to just walk through it. I only walk through it if I click on the room below.
Image 1B: Smaller red dots showing my path when I click on the offending wall without even using the door.
Image 1C: Red dot path showing what happens when I click three walls up from the offending wall while standing on the other side of a door. I don't know if this should cause the character to route through the door. I think it makes sense that it should just NOT route at all since the walls, including the untriggered door, should be obstructions. If I click the forth wall up, nothing happens that isn't expected.
Waxal Issue WalkthruWalls.jpg

Image 2: A screenshot of the event I have setup to create a trigger on the back side of the door. ( The top event shown in image 1.)
Waxal Issue WalkthruWalls2.jpg

Image 3:
A screenshot of the first tab of the event on the door.
Waxal Issue WalkthruWalls3.jpg

Image 4:
A screenshot of the 2nd tab of the event on the door.
Waxal Issue WalkthruWalls4.jpg
Image 5: A screenshot of the 3rd tab of the event on the door.
Waxal Issue WalkthruWalls5.jpg
The only other event I have on the map is a 'player touch' that transports the player out of the building, so I am sure that is not causing an issue.

Please let me know if there is a glitch or is this just a typical user error. :D

Thank you so much for your time and any help you can give me.

-Faith <3

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can be a user-error, but I dont see where it went wrong, but I dont know
why you use "transfer player" part.

another way if you want to set some times "above player" by switch,
you can look into a plugin of [Ocram_Passages] which is free for
non-commercial that makes tiles above easier (where you want too).

there might be others depending if there is a conflict between plugins.

do you also a have a gif to illustrate the issue otherwise? for better insight?

Also forgot to mention, some tiles can be walked on the top of the walls
as they can be seen as "walkable roofs", which can be edit in the tileset to "X"
for not passable, because there is no wall below it.

Demure_Hero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah, that answers it then, it is the only tile that doesn't have a tile below it and I have never used this arrangement before. Yay! I don't believe this is user error then. I will just set an event that prevents the player from entering that tile. :D Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!

Demure_Hero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As promised, here is the solution I created to make all walls impassable in the event that you have a wall start to behave strangely.

What I did to correct it:

Made an event over the offending wall with a priority 'Same as character' and Triggered by 'Player touch' so that it isn't always running an invisible loop in the background.

Solution4WalkthruWalls.jpg

Set it with a door1 image in the "down" position. This will ensure there is a collision shape blocking the character's movements.
(chose the empty image that represents the door fully open)

Solution4WalkthruWalls2.jpg

Finally, select 'Apply'.

That's it! Seamlessly, we have no more passable wall.
Hope this is helpful! Happy Deving!

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Keep in mind, an empty event "same as character" -> "action button"
is all it take to do the trick :)

you dont need any tiles selected though, but good luck on your project
further :)

Lostboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, I noticed your mapping skills and here's a tip that could save you the trouble of creating that extra event.
So if you build your walls like this, it should solve the issue of climbing onto the roof.
Picture.png

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

i'm getting better and i think im going to work on my magical girl game while I wait to get some stuff for my horror game. i hope you guys are having a good day
Kept making a new frame for any change I did so ended up with a gif XD
How is it called a rpg maker game without the default "pokemon-like" battle system?
Unfortunately, while trying to run an app I needed (curse you, Adobe!), my laptop blacked out, so my data got wiped when I got it repaired. Stuff like facesets are saved in my drive, but my sprites now only exist as screenshots I've taken in the past :kaocry:To be fair, I'm a little relieved, since I've been feeling unsatisfied with the visual style of the character sprites, and I guess I can now revamp them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinjaBeginner