Walls problem

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Leon Kennedy, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Leon Kennedy

Leon Kennedy Restaff Novice Restaff

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Did a couple google searches to no avail maybe searching wrong words but I have an odd problem. Everything in game that I have X on tilesheet I can't walk on and O means I can but for some odd reason the brick walls from the overworld A1 or A2 set forget which lets me walk on it still even when X'd. What is the problem here?

Literally other walls on the same sheet don't have the same problem but these brick walls which fit in perfectly with my game style of course have a problem :D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2016
  2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you're using an older version of MV, check the top left tile in the B tab for that tileset.  Make sure it's set to a star and not O.

If that's a star, see if there's another blank tile on the B-E tabs that you might have used to draw over them - even though there's no sprite on the tile, the tile is still there, and its passage settings will override those of the lower layer.

If that doesn't help, please post a screenshot of your map, and a screenshot of your Tileset tab, with the A tiles showing.

3. Leon Kennedy

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm using 1.2 and okay ill try editing B. Also correction its dungeon A1

problem.png

problem2.png

problem3.png

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2016
  4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So there are two lots of bricks there that look almost identical.  Did you use the top one or the bottom one?  If you used the top one, change it and use the bottom one instead.  Bottom = walls = can't be walked on, Top = tops of walls = can be walked on if you have a way of getting onto it.

Leon Kennedy likes this.
  5. Leon Kennedy

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah wow that's just one of those things you gotta giggle after because you feel so dumb. Thanks very much that was the problem. 

Shaz likes this.
  6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    that is intended as a way to simulate a two-level-dungeon on a simple map - it is explained in more detail in one of the tips in my starting point tutorial if you want to know how that works.