Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did a couple google searches to no avail maybe searching wrong words but I have an odd problem. Everything in game that I have X on tilesheet I can't walk on and O means I can but for some odd reason the brick walls from the overworld A1 or A2 set forget which lets me walk on it still even when X'd. What is the problem here?

Literally other walls on the same sheet don't have the same problem but these brick walls which fit in perfectly with my game style of course have a problem :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're using an older version of MV, check the top left tile in the B tab for that tileset.  Make sure it's set to a star and not O.

If that's a star, see if there's another blank tile on the B-E tabs that you might have used to draw over them - even though there's no sprite on the tile, the tile is still there, and its passage settings will override those of the lower layer.

If that doesn't help, please post a screenshot of your map, and a screenshot of your Tileset tab, with the A tiles showing.

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using 1.2 and okay ill try editing B. Also correction its dungeon A1

problem.png

problem2.png

problem3.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So there are two lots of bricks there that look almost identical.  Did you use the top one or the bottom one?  If you used the top one, change it and use the bottom one instead.  Bottom = walls = can't be walked on, Top = tops of walls = can be walked on if you have a way of getting onto it.

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So there are two lots of bricks there that look almost identical.  Did you use the top one or the bottom one?  If you used the top one, change it and use the bottom one instead.  Bottom = walls = can't be walked on, Top = tops of walls = can be walked on if you have a way of getting onto it.
Ah wow that's just one of those things you gotta giggle after because you feel so dumb. Thanks very much that was the problem. 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is intended as a way to simulate a two-level-dungeon on a simple map - it is explained in more detail in one of the tips in my starting point tutorial if you want to know how that works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Trauma, drama, llamas--sadly the only one of those things I'm not experiencing RN is the camelids.
Do you ever just write or say nonsense? String together words to make a sentence that sounds pretty but is meaningless?
Writing down my ideas for my next game during break times at work XD I need to finish my current one very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aspaqi