Want to change the unarmed attack element.

onlimono

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, everyone. I have a problem with attack elements.
In RPG Makers, we can choose at least one attack element for weapons and skills.
However, when an actor equips nothing, namely barehand, unarmed attacks seem to be set to first attack element.
I want to change this, and is there anyone who knows java script or plugins?

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you want all unarmed attacks to have the same element? Because all normal attacks default to the 1st skill, which is 'Attack'. If you want all normal attacks to be the same element other than the 1st element, than simply change the 1st skill's element to the one you want. Keep in mind that there are 2 other element options besides the ones listed in 'Types'; Normal Attack & None.

Normal Attack is basically whatever element your current attack element is. If there's no elemental modification from equipment & states, then this is set to None by default. However, if a piece of equipment has a attack element modifier or a state modifies your attack element, then Normal Attack will be set to whatever that element is.

None however is a completely neutral element (non-elemental).

onlimono

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you want all unarmed attacks to have the same element? Because all normal attacks default to the 1st skill, which is 'Attack'. If you want all normal attacks to be the same element other than the 1st element, than simply change the 1st skill's element to the one you want. Keep in mind that there are 2 other element options besides the ones listed in 'Types'; Normal Attack & None.

Normal Attack is basically whatever element your current attack element is. If there's no elemental modification from equipment & states, then this is set to None by default. However, if a piece of equipment has a attack element modifier or a state modifies your attack element, then Normal Attack will be set to whatever that element is.

None however is a completely neutral element (non-elemental).
Thank you for your answer. Actually I want all unarmed attacks to have the same element. However if I set 1st skill, ‘attack’ to the specific element except normal attack, do all weapon attacks set to the specific element?

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can set the elements for weapons individually. If you set the 'Attack' skill to None, then all unmodified attacks (weapon or not) will be non-elemental. Adding a element on a weapon converts your attacking element to that element. By default, your attacks & skills can only have 1 element attached to them. If you want attacks & skills to be able to have more than 1 element, then I suggest Yanfly's Element Core plugin
http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Element_Core_(YEP)

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can save this as a .js file (Save As > File Type: All Files, File Name: whateverYouLike.js) and import as a plugin:
Code:
Game_Actor.prototype.bareHandsElementId = function() {
    return 1;
};
Just change the 1 to the ID of the element you want to use~

onlimono

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can save this as a .js file (Save As > File Type: All Files, File Name: whateverYouLike.js) and import as a plugin:
Code:
Game_Actor.prototype.bareHandsElementId = function() {
    return 1;
};
Just change the 1 to the ID of the element you want to use~
OMG! You are my savior! Thank you so much!

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're welcome, happy RPG Making! :kaojoy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Started playing Danganronpa 3 in French - Eyes started bleeding in less than 5 minutes - Installed English text instead.
Why, translator, whyyyy???
-_- Now we have punishments for skipping meals, specially breakfast. At least let me sleep on Fridays -_-
colorize an old sketch
Welp... with numerous plugins and a bit of Javascript help, I've simulated an AP system in battle. Proud of myself honestly.
Why most of games like to give a horrible control to an aircraft vehicle? can I get a simplified control that does not require me to roll first just to change my direction?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charliegn