it2ly

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
In rpg maker vx ace.

How do I make it so after a conversation has ended, a person from a different event walks in

like for example

I have an event just placed outside of the door and its on auto run to play a bunch of dialogue
after the dialogue is over..I want a girl to walk in through a different door into the building

Problem is the events are in two different spots so I can't time it so she comes in after the dialogue

How do I make this happened?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Ace Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

In the same event with the dialog, you can create a Move Route and select it to move the event with the picture of the girl.

Shiro-chan

Friendly Neighbourhood Neppy Maid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Event Commands Page 2 -> Set Moveroute -> select in the top-left box the event you want to be walking around. To make this easier, remember to give events that are supposed to do stuff a name other then EventXXX so you know what is what.

it2ly

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[move]Ace Support[/move]
In the same event with the dialog, you can create a Move Route and select it to move the event with the picture of the girl.
Thankyou sorry for having it in the wrong spot, when I do this it still shows her in the top
what I want is for her to not be there until theirs a door sound effect and then it shows her walking in

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
To do that you will need to have your door SE command first and then have a short wait command (you'll have to experiment with just how many frames depending on the length of the SE, but 60 frames is usually okay) so that the SE has time to play through fully, and then have the command for the girl to appear.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thankyou sorry for having it in the wrong spot, when I do this it still shows her in the top
what I want is for her to not be there until theirs a door sound effect and then it shows her walking in
No need to be sorry, we just like to let members know when we've moved things.

If the event starts in a place that is visible on screen, you will need to make the first page of the girl event have no graphic. Set a second page with the picture of the girl, and conditioned by a switch.

In your event that is controlling the scene, do as Kes says and play the sound effect, followed by a wait. Then, turn on the switch that conditions page 2 of the girl's event. This will make her appear. Follow that with the move route for her.

edit: Here are some screenshots that will hopefully help.

The girl event:
Girl 1.png

Girl 2.png

Control Event:
Move Route.png

control.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.
World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)
So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phiny