RMMZ Want to make a Pokemon clone, but I need a plug-in.

KB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi,

I want to create a Pokemon clone, but so far the resources I've found to do that either cannot be used commercially or don't really work for what I want to make.

I'd like a plug-in compatible with RMMZ or RMMV that enables the player to store and recall monsters from a PC, gives the player a party of four monsters, makes battles 1v1 or 2v2 instead of sending out the whole party during a battle, etc. (Basically, works like Pokemon, Nexomon, and other monster-collection games). The main code I think I need is to create a PC where I can store and retrieve battlers and change battles to 1v1 or 2v2, even though there are more members in the whole party. I also need to change the overworld sprite to the player character and not the party members.

I'd really like as little change to the original game creation tool as possible, if possible.

Of course, I can credit you in the finished game for creating it.

If this is too much work for a free resource, but you would consider doing it if you were paid, could you maybe send me a quote on how much I would need to pay to get it done? I'm just a hobbyist game maker, but this is something I really want to do. I love Pokemon-inspired games, even though some of them aren't that good, and would like to try creating one of my own.

Last edited:

Phantomsurf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could always use a mix of existing plugins. I have this post here that covers Pokemon-like plugins.

If you want a whole plugin, though, you'll definitely need to pay for it. A whole game system is not usually a cheap endeavour and will take a lot of work.

I already issued my warnings to the other poster and I will issue the same to you. This is a huge undertaking. Good luck.

JorgeMaker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português - BR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As stated by the member above, what you are asking for is not that simple. Not that it's extraordinarily complex, but it takes a lot of work.
Of course this depends on how robust you want the system to be. If you choose an approach as minimalist as possible, then you can reach your goal without requiring a lot of time/effort from the programmer, as well as spending less money.
I sent you a pm if you want to talk in detail about it.

KB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
You could always use a mix of existing plugins. I have this post here that covers Pokemon-like plugins.

If you want a whole plugin, though, you'll definitely need to pay for it. A whole game system is not usually a cheap endeavour and will take a lot of work.

I already issued my warnings to the other poster and I will issue the same to you. This is a huge undertaking. Good luck.

Thanks for reminding me how hard it is. I may attempt to use some of the Yanfly Plug-ins, but you may have a point. Pokemon-style games are pretty hard to create. Just setting up the mechanics is a little difficult. I managed to set something up in RMXP without using Pokemon Essentials, but I didn't have a working PC for storing monsters correctly in the game, and I don't know how many scripts I used.

I wonder if there's any way around that...

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a monster capture plugin on my itch.io page for rpg maker mv upon which I will be expanding after I finish rng dungeons for the project I'm working on right now.

This is strictly MV: https://synrec.itch.io/rpg-maker-mv-synrec-monster-capture

Do be aware that making 'fan' projects are not supported.

KB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I have a monster capture plugin on my itch.io page for rpg maker mv upon which I will be expanding after I finish rng dungeons for the project I'm working on right now.

This is strictly MV: https://synrec.itch.io/rpg-maker-mv-synrec-monster-capture

Do be aware that making 'fan' projects are not supported.

I think this is more of a clone project than a "fan game." At least that was what I was aiming for.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Going on hiatus. Won't be back until mid October.:LZSoops:
Just read the English lyrics for Despacito. Ramen aint innocent no more! :kaodes:
Well today was blown away with nothing to show for it. I made a new character to my game who I was going to have a protection mechanic where he protects my main character randomly unless it's a critical, and no matter what, to check if an attack received will be critical, means checking the apply method. This means rewriting the entire method and I refused to do that.
This was originally made for a "castle" challenge, but we just decided to keep it for our actual game :)

1632415929108.png
Would a simple item rarity plugin be useful to someone? Basically, you would set notetag to an item to set its rarity and it would change the text colour of the item.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZIgzagoon