Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
BirL4S0.png

"Twice we were told, about the fairy tale that will never end."

Story

Twice Upon The End is a story told through the RPG Maker VX Ace engine.  
Five years have passed since the boy named Eric Shin thwarted the corrupt King known as Cronus. Inspired by the views of the courageous boy, everywhere from kingdoms to countries have changed from having a monarchy to having a democracy. On top of that, many citizens took it upon themselves to rise as heroes to protect the world from any and all opposition.   
Enter Trey Kiea, the Hero of Bayan City. Every single day of his life, he chased out bandits and monsters from the city with little to no effort. Being what seemed to be the strongest in the world made his job boring and uneventful, so he made a wish that he could live a normal life. The instant he made that wish, a girl named Amy Lase bumped into him and claimed to be his sister. He had no memory of this girl, but she sure had plans for him.
Was this his wish come true, or was it something that would lead him even further down his path as a hero?

Setting

In this world, the land we know as Pangaea began to break apart. Its  inhabitants nicknamed it the Broken Islands. Ever since that incident,  there was no longer one ruler, but many kings with their own  territories. That is, until Eric influenced the world with his bravery to stand against oppression. All the lands lived in harmony, and the heroes of each town made sure of that. Trey is not limited to where he can travel as it is a more open world. The island he lived on was much larger than the one Eric stayed on, and he is able to ride on a boat, and even an airship.

Characters

M5H1o5b.png

Trey Kiea [Ch-Ray Key-Uh]

The Hero of Bayan. He was known to have unmatched strength, and anyone who dared to cross him could vouch for that statement. After time, he grew bored of his everyday routine, and wished for a normal life. However, his plans were seemingly foiled once Amy showed up in life and claimed to be his sister. Ironically, she became the reason his dream for uneventful days remained unreached. He is constantly teased for looking like a girl.

8xGZSso.png

Amy Lase [Eh-Me Lace]

The supposed sister of Trey. Not much is known about her other than her strong sisterly affection for him and that she loves fighting with her fists and feet. She becomes Trey's main motivation to stay a hero.

DonOSSK.png

Rea [Ree-Uh]

A soft spoken magician who is the Hero of Aina, one of the first towns that Trey's party stumbles upon. Her parents were unable to take care of her, so she was passed on to a family friend who owned a library. There Rea lived in isolation due to the town's fear of her power.

fGsM7bO.png

Harry Balzac [Hair-Ree-Ball-Zack]

Being an offspring of a witch and a necromancer, it was no surprise that the citizens of Bayan considered Harry to be a monster. All of them hated him and drove him into a corner... All of them, but one. Trey Kiea was the only one who stood up for him and convinced Harry that even if the world is cruel, he should still use his powers to make the world a better place. Since then, he decided to do good and help people as his way to repay Trey.

mNw2U5q.png

Dhya [Die-Uh]

The eccentric and mysterious man who's found in a forest. Once encountered, there is no escape until you've been trained by him. Is he a mere traveler? Or is there more to him than just a man with a leader complex? 

OYEygHg.png

Korin [Core-Rin]

The woman known as Korin who was said to have been part of Lanni's crew, in other words, the group that opposed Toshiro the first time. Using magic, she preserved her body in order to remain battle ready.

Jobs

*Note: Spots not limited/expected to be only 1 (there can be exceptions)
**Note: These aren't paid jobs as I'm doing this 100% for fun :)
***Even so, everyone is expected to be able to meet possibledeadlines.
****Note: Skype is required since this is very team oriented and we're starting from (almost) the bottom, not to mention I do want everyone to be acquainted with each other as a group :3

Spriters - I'm not really in a huge need for them, but they're good to have! Since I'm mostly using base RPG Maker sprites, there won't be a need for any full originals. What I might really need down in the future includes face sprites, face expressions, and some editing of existing sprites (Ex: Adding on a hat or recoloring)
Spots:
1. KimiArain
2. Roxanne410
3. ------------

Artists - Same as above, I'm not too desperate for one, but they're always nice to have. May overlap with spriting jobs in the sense that the work of an artist can include: Making/editing face sets, editing expressions, making promo material, and so on.
Spots:
1. Roxanne410
2. AiDee

Mappers - Definitely in demand! As my mapping skills aren't the best, I'm calling out anyone out there who does have a great vision for environments, and the means to express them/any possible ones described. Anyone who signs up to be a mapper needs certain things such as specific tile sets and RPG Maker VX Ace.
Spots:
1. Official Lost Souls

Assistant Writers - My wording tends to be awkward, so I'm seeking writers who'd like to: Help make dialogue run smoothly and seem natural, write side arcs, etc
*Please note, and don't take this personally, but I most likely won't be taking suggestions of huge changes in the story. Not to say I won't listen, but if you'd want to take the whole story and change it into something else completely, then I'd like to ask you to seek work elsewhere, or start a project of your own.
Spots:

Scenario Concept Writer:
1. RoZo
2. Mmayz
3. ------------
Proofreader/Editor
4. Seraf
5. VocalEscapist
6. Mmayz

Cheerleader - For some reason or other, you wanna stick around and be part of the team anyways to keep up with how we're doing. You can talk to us and motivate us to keep going, because you're our biggest fan!
Spots:
1. Mmayz
2. AiDee
3. ------------

Deadline:
 Well, I don't really have one at the moment

To apply:
Title the email as follows: username_jobyouareapplyingto
Be sure to include examples of the job you're applying for!
Send to: oute.audition@gmail.com
Please note that this is a non-profit project

Received Applications:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaza2929

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Updated the staff list! I have at least one of everything except for a mapper. If you are interested in being one, please let me know!

Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese-BR
Primarily Uses
Is it going to be fully voiced ?
Is this game dead ? Because its not been updated for quite a while. Please, DONT GIVE UP !!

Kaza2929

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Apologies for the post after a long while, but I have returned to say that I'm ready to be serious about this.

The most important thing I am looking for once more is a mapper.

xXRengaiaXx, if you happen to see this and want to team up again, please let me know.

Otherwise, I am calling anyone who would like to help in mapping.

Please note that if you would like to work with me, it'll have to be closely up until the base game is finished.

I'm not too strict, but communication is very important to me, so skype is required.

@TheWalkingAmongTheDead, I have not given up, and I'm looking towards a 2015/early 2016 release.

Kaza2929

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello! One last bump before I attempt to map by myself X)

If there's anyone willing to apply for mapping, please either PM myself here on the forums, or email me personally through my address posted in the first post.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Okay, I'm not a mapper of any particular skill, but I just have to say:

Harry Balzac?  For real?

Kaza2929

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't see anything wrong with the name... Harry's the name of my best friend and Balzac is the name of my cat that passed away. I wanted to pay homage to both of them, I'm sorry if it looks strange though D;

Thank you for your comment!

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
It's just... um...you may want to consider a different sort of homage. Two separate characters, perhaps, one named Harry and the other Balzac? Together, they sound like a crude pun.

About genitals.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Really hard to let go of a pet.
Switch actor positions during battle
Download
01010.PNG
SF_People3_1 added!
index.php

Micro rant. The worst part of working from home when you live with your family is seeing how inconsiderate they are. "Hey, you're sitting in front of your computer, that means you're not doing anything! I want to put the TV at 200 decibels!"

If I was working in the office would you still talking me like that?
It's definitely discouraging when streamers give a try-to-say-it-nicely (i.e. bad) review of your game demo. It's like jumping into a cold pool. Bad initally, but it gets better with time. And you are now more alert and see better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SangueXII