Not open for further replies.

Tigersong

Furry Fellow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I haven't touched move routes yet, so I'm wondering- is there a way to have one character bump into another? See, I wrote (some of) a story to introduce a new wolf and would like to make the in-game scene play out something like it.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Tiger

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You would like to make the in-game scene play out something like what?

With Set Move Route, you can control the movement of ANY event from any OTHER event - it's not just the event where you're entering the command. So if you want to make a cutscene, have one event set up as the controller and the others JUST to display the sprites, and put ALL the event codes into the controller event.

If you're not sure how, check out the Tips and Tricks section on the Blog (link in top right corner) and look for the article called "Events Aren't NPCs: The Biggest Mistake in Cutscene Events"

Tigersong

Furry Fellow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks, Shaz! Sorry I didn't explain things more clearly. What I want is for the newcomer, Cody, to bump into the pack leader. That's what happens in the story which I've started writing (and should finish and post).

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, Shaz! Sorry I didn't explain things more clearly. What I want is for the newcomer, Cody, to bump into the pack leader. That's what happens in the story which I've started writing (and should finish and post).
There is no "Bumping" in cutscenes - you just make an event controlling the movement of both the pack leader and the newcomer, move them to adjacend tiles and then use show text to initiate whatever text or conversation you want displayed on the screen.

Tommy Gun

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yeah, you'd have to create a new sprite animation for that -- however, you could have a normal "battle" animation play on top of the characters when they get close together, to sort of give the illusion of a crash. Test out the animations and see if one works (remember, you can scale them).

Tigersong

Furry Fellow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks, Tommy. That's another thing I haven't tried yet- using animations. :) This is going to be fun.

Thread can be closed now.

Tiger

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Events cannot activate other events, and as I said, all processing for a cutscene should be on ONE event, not distributed across every event that's involved in the cutscene. Read the blog article I linked - it doesn't take long.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Apparently I'm a grandpa now.

20220128_181216.jpg20220128_181227.jpg
Sales Goal of Learn RPG Maker MV at 64% now! :kaopride:
When I was in the hospital I did actually have a nurse that was funny, did all these extra nice things for me and said she liked me. So you know what that means. That will be the last time I'll hear from her.
Anyone here ever confronted a never-ending loading screen? Took me 3 hours to realize the problem was the font format :yswt:
Ah, the problems a noob runs into...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
messiahAF