belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey folks ! I'm doing a puzzle where the player is on a boat and must go through a specific path by following the current of the water. What I'm missing is a 3-frame animated tile that represents the flow of the water.

Resource Type: Charset

Maker Format: MV

Art Style: RTP

Description: It just has to be, like water flowing in a direction making sort of V-like shapes. The character is to be used with this autotile : 1591284340105.png

This won't be used on edges so the character can look on the reference image below

Reference Images: 1591284917466.png

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I cant to that edit though, but I can place an underwater arrow? (4 directions)?
than use region or other ways to push the player/boat into that direction?

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you mean a static underwater arrow ?, I really want the character to be a 3-frame animated water current showing that the water's flow is different on that tile

I don't think there's need to do all the 4 directions, as the image can easily be rotated after

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wont rotate because it wont look nice, but the underwater arrow can either move with light
or by the flow of the water, that depends how you like it.

you can make the 3 arrow light up 1 by 1 or static.
there are more possibilities though, but wether you want it complex (like your water sample
that an pixel artist can do, or rtp edit with arrow or light arrow that moves.

thats up to you, if you want the water flow, hopefully someone with pixel art can help you out.

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh yeah I understand.

But my game has nothing which can explain why there are lighting arrows moving on water... :LZSsad: So i'll stick with the water current

belatucadrus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump

I just noticed that I cant make a character using one single tile because the tile I selected is an animated one.

Then this is my bad, what I'm looking for now is a 3-frame animation of current going in a direction, but with a transparent background

which would look OK when put on this tile : 1591879787129.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

// Looks at Elfkisser, realizes he'd have to either install Windows 10 or compile it for Linux
// Didn't install Elfkisser.
Too much effort for a curiosity. :popcorn:
I was just high-fiving myself for all I've learnt in the engine, and how far I've come, only to forget to remove the Immortal state from a semi-scripted battle. Now the enemy never dies and I feel so smart >.>
Playtest your stuff. Always playtest.
just spent FOREVER troubleshooting an issue with my keyboard... turns out the cord was just loose OTL
I count on someone one time, I let them promise something to me, and one week later it's complete silence as I'm completely let down. I hate everything.
Everytime I need to write dialogues I find myself writing new music pieces... what kind of trick is this?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gremter