Lynks

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Hey all. This is probably something easy to fix, but which I still don't understand.

How do I snap the deep water tile on to the Water Sand tile?

When I try to do this, all it does is create a Water Meadow tile in the middle of the others.

For example: When you use the Water A meadow tile, you can automatically add deep water to it. How do you do this for the other ones?

I'm so confused. I don't know if you have to use shift mapping? I tried, but I probably do it wrong.

Thanks in advance

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
usually the deep water only works with the default (first) water. You'll have to do the right-clik -> ****f+left-click combo to copy how it looks in a different tile

Lynks

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
But for me, that creates such a sharp edge where the deep and shallow water meet. Is there no way around that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's because in the entire water TIleA1 tileset, there's only one type of water that can be overlayed on top of another water autotile. That's the very first one - all of the other ones do not have this option.

I guess you could try and solve this yourself by using an image editing software like Photoshop or Paint.NET, and replace the water autotiles in the top left corner for the water tiles you do want to have deep water for.

Lynks

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
It's because in the entire water TIleA1 tileset, there's only one type of water that can be overlayed on top of another water autotile. That's the very first one - all of the other ones do not have this option.

I guess you could try and solve this yourself by using an image editing software like Photoshop or Paint.NET, and replace the water autotiles in the top left corner for the water tiles you do want to have deep water for.

I kinda figured this was the case, but I thought I'd ask just in case.

Guess I have to find another solution. Thanks you guys for clearing it up

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I love it when a plan comes together, and especially when Ruby decides to work with me when I decide to code. :kaopride:
Got sick and had to take a few days off work in order to get tested and make sure it wasn't the big one. Felt a lot better today and thought to myself, "Hey now, I can't get tested until tomorrow anyway, I can get so much character art done today!"
....I watched Youtube and browsed this site for hours instead.
>.>
But at least I'm doing the art now! Yaaaaay.......
1638314262144.png
Didn't wanna spam the feed by posting Denzel's spritelayer separae, but I'm real happy with how this concept is coming along so wanted to share it, innit :D
EVXA wrote on Avery's profile.
Not sure how often you take time to play the games sent to you, but if you could give my game a shout & review on steam maybe that would be amazing, only if you like the game of course, I'd love to know which games have been your favorites over the years too.
I'm seeing my god daughter's school play next week. Being the mild agoraphobe I am this makes me nervous. Thus I had a dream that it was actually a plot by my best friend to take me clubbing at an establishment where it is customary to throw a harpoon at staff members to reward good service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luphelia