Way to increase a character's ability to land a specific state?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Titanhex, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Titanhex

Titanhex Do-It-All Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    So I know there's a lot of features in RMMV.
    Traits allow you to modify a character in a number of ways, for example.

However, is there currently a way to increase a character's ability to land a specific state.

Put a trait or note-tag, and now their ability to land blind on enemies goes up by 15%.
    That would be regardless of whether the source of blind comes from their skills or their weapons, it lands at a 15% improved rating.

Is there a plugin that can do this? Currently, I don't see it built into RMMV.

Specifically I want to find a way to increase my Dark Knight class' ability to land blind by 15%, compared to other classes that have blind but only land it at a normal rate.

2. Krakaz

Krakaz Forever Krakaz Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    you could use the attack state in your "dark knight" class parameters too permanently add a 15% chance to blind,i believe that would increase the overall blind state for the class. i.e if blind skill has a 10% chance and class has a 15% chance in theory it should give you a 25% chance to add state.

EDIT: it may however just take the highest percentage and use that as the state apply chance. in that case the passive 15% would counter the 10% of the skill.

Attached Files:

3. Titanhex

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    That's an odd mechanic they put in.

However, I'd rather not have an attack state affecting the characters attack.

4. Krakaz

Krakaz Forever Krakaz Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    all good i haven't yet found a more defined version but i would presume the script would go something along the lines of.
    if.Actor(x) = ActorClass(x) then StateRate(x) = x% else StateRate=(x) but I'm unsure how that would be written at the moment.
    I'll ask a friend who's more adept at javascripting and post again if he can answer your query.

good luck on your project mate.

Titanhex likes this.
  5. Titanhex

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It would probably have to be a plugin that expands on the scope of the outgoing "Add State" Effects, found in skills. Thus, it would have to refer back to the user through that method.

It doesn't seem like it would be hard to create, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel if it already exists.

Is it possible this might exist in the Lunatic Engine of Yanfly?

6. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You can also do this by raising the users LUK. I think Yanfly has a plug-in which also lets you determine how LUK works for this, so with some mathematics you could just raise their LUK in such a way that this state has a higher chance to land than with the others.

7. Titanhex

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yea but that would mean ALL states would have an increased chance to land. That's certainly not what I want, I just want a sole, single state, or even a table of states, just like I put in my example, to be increased.
    The idea is that a lot of classes get the blind skill, but this particular class is just better at making the blind skill stick. I want him to be good at this. But if he gets poison, I don't want him to also be really good at making Poison stick or Death stick, because there's another class that is just good all around at landing states.