Way to make different monsters have different death messages?

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by SadGhoster87, Jan 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SadGhoster87

SadGhoster87 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm trying to make a system where some monsters are "illusion" or "fake" sorts of monsters that will "fade away" when defeated. Can someone make a script that allows different monsters to have different death messages?

2. NeoFantasy

NeoFantasy Building Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You don't really need a script for this, just go to the database then go to troops, select the troop you are battling and go to battle event conditions. Change the condition from "Don't run" to "Enemy" (select which enemy) hp is 0 or below. then click on the box underneath and select "show text".

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016
  3. SadGhoster87

First Language:
    English
    Tried. This doesn't work. The enemy dies and the battle ends before the text runs.

4. MeowFace

MeowFace Meow Veteran

First Language:
    Meowish
    You need to be more specified on what you want. Random encounter? Event based monster?

By default all monsters should "fade away" and "flash red" when they die in the battle scene.

It's already a default behaviour of the VXA battle engine.

If you want a "fake" monster that doesn't give exp, you should then use "escape" to do the trick.

A combination of damage formula "b.escape" and a state applied to your "fake monsters" should do the trick.

if b.state?(id_number_of_state); b.escape; end; (normal damage formula here)

So if the target has state X, it will trigger the target to escape (fade away). If not, do normal damage.

5. SadGhoster87

First Language:
    English
    You know, as strange as it may seem, my topic actually has something to do with what I want. I would like, as I stated in the topic of this thread, a custom death message.

6. MeowFace

MeowFace Meow Veteran

First Language:
    Meowish
    Then apparently you haven't read the board rules/how to ask for a script:

7. SadGhoster87

First Language:
    English
    No, I have not. Thanks for linking it. So... what additional info did you need?

8. MeowFace

MeowFace Meow Veteran

First Language:
    Meowish

And your top post and topic title doesn't match. Consider editing it and adding all the available infos as shown in modern algebra's example post. If you are after event monster, you will need to link to custom scripts you are using that might effect how events works. If you are after battle scene monster(battler) then you will need to link to custom scripts you are using that might effect how battle works.

edit:

Do not expect the script writer to spend time to find infos and "guess" what you want or what other scripts you are currently using. Provide everything needed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2016
  9. SadGhoster87

First Language:
    English
    I legitimately just want a way for different monsters to have different death messages. I'm sorry I made it so extremely hard to understand by saying "fades away", but seriously.

10. MeowFace

MeowFace Meow Veteran

First Language:
    Meowish
    The script isn't something hard to make if you provide enough infos but since you are reluctant to do so, then good luck finding yourself a script writer for that.

11. SadGhoster87

First Language:
    English
    I don't see why I need more than what I have. I don't know how to edit my top post (when I try, it makes me edit the title instead). Can you ignore the fact that it says "fades away"? Because currently I don't see how you're not getting this. I'm sorry I apparently can't get information across at even the most basic level, but I want monsters to have different death messages that I can set. In the battle scene, because one can't fight event monsters in the overworld (and even if they did, I could just use a basic text command).

NeoFantasy seemed to understand exactly what I wanted, so I cast doubt on my own apparent inability to type words.

Anyway, all of this is moot as I've now found a script that does what I need. Thanks for your time, I'm sorry I was impossible to deal with, I'll ask to have the topic closed. I apologize again.

12. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.