way to reduce exp earned in battle?

Supercoolmike

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
as the title say, I'm trying to find a way to reduce exp.  I can only think of 2 options where this idea can be accomplished, but I have no idea how to implement them or even attempt to tell the engine to do so. One of the references I can think of is how the paper mario series handled it where you gain less exp depending on your level compared to the enemy you're facing. The other Method I can think of is having a script call or something like that, where if the actor(s) current lvl is above a certain threshold where enemies are by placing them in regions. maybe have them receive no Exp if they trigger the event.

I remember reading past forums and discussions where this topic is discussed before with Hime, but I can't get it to work the way I specified above. any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vito The Boss

Someone better than you, or will become
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
I don't understand...if you want to reduce the exp in battle, you can reduce the exp, that the enemy  gives to the party...it's very simple

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any level-based reduction in EXP has to be done by plugins, it can't be done in the default engine. The default engine slows the level gain by requiring more EXP for higher levels, but keeps the EXP flat numbers defined in the database.

Theoretically there are ways around that by using states with a general reduction for XP-Gain applied in certain areas, but that would require a lot of extra events around and is usually not worth the work. So a plugin changing that part of the engine is the better solution.

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Supercoolmike

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't understand...if you want to reduce the exp in battle, you can reduce the exp, that the enemy  gives to the party...it's very simple
i'm not talking about simply reducing the flat exp value. I was trying to find a way to prevent players from over leveling and farming trash mobs. I think a part of this confusion is that I forgot to mention that I have a fixed leveling method through Yanfly plugins (class base parameters) where the actors would level up every 100 experience. so farming the beginning area enemies WILL be a problem for me.

Any level-based reduction in EXP has to be done by plugins, it can't be done in the default engine. The default engine slows the level gain by requiring more EXP for higher levels, but keeps the EXP flat numbers defined in the database.

Theoretically there are ways around that by using states with a general reduction for XP-Gain applied in certain areas, but that would require a lot of extra events around and is usually not worth the work. So a plugin changing that part of the engine is the better solution.

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.
ohh sorry. I didn't think this was a request for a plug-in. Thanks for the correction. if by any chance, could you explain those theories of using the events? It's not that I don't want a possible plug-in in the future. It's just that I also have to take into consideration that this plug-in might never be made and would have to work my around it eventually.

I'm sorry if I'm being a lil too persistent on this where I could just scrap the idea entirely and just go with the traditional exp formula, but I didn't want to back down or scrap ideas just because it was hard. I don't think I would even be here if that was the case. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a trait for changing Experience gain, it's in the SP-Parameters. If an actor has 80% Experience and the enemy is rated at 100 XP, then while the battleaftermath will still show the 100 EXP, only 80EXP will be added to that actor.

However, as all traits it is intended for balancing and static use and cannot be directly controlled.

What you can do is make several states that apply different experience rates to the actors and apply them to the party at need.

However, that would require you to have a lot of events checking the party level against the map or the troop and applying different states on that base, and because death removes all states you'll have to add those checks to each way of resurrecting, because otherwise actors killed and surrected in battle would suddenly get full EXP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So the overhaul on my project has been going great, I like this version of the project a lot more. It's more contained and less overly ambitious for what I can achieve given my constraints on time, money, and skills in advanced programming. I'm going to wait till my project is mostly finished to begin working UI polish again. I'm going to learn how to use LUNA MV to polish the project.
last time i used this site i was a different gender.. wow rlly makes u think... anyway transing ur gender is pretty cool and theres hair growing on my feet now 10/10
I should have listened to RPGMAKER Meme thread. I should have backed up my data. The Orphan of Time, my WIP, is completely gone, all those hours of work are completely gone :(
God what was my life before smartphones (I had a grandma's phone before wednesday)
Stream will be live shortly with The Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TEKILAO