ItsMeDevRoland

[What A Man Percieve, The Body Achieves]
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Waynee, Nice achievement Plugin By the way, Just a question, Is there any chance or Code you can use to Trigger the Achievement when a team/Player Went to a certain Map Or Area?
Im still new in coding in JavaScript;_;....

waynee95

Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ItsMeDevRoland
You can use a switch as the condition of the achievement and then set that switch to true when the player enters the desired map and it will unlock the achievement.
Code:
$gameSwitches.value(ID)

ItsMeDevRoland

[What A Man Percieve, The Body Achieves]
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thank you, also dont worry, ill sure give you a credit, since this is a very big help, Hope you keep continuing your good awesome works :>

NotEthan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Howdy. New to the plugin and I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I put in the icon tags for achievements like your initial screenshot, but some of the icons don't appear in game. Is this supposed to happen? 1638828223299.png1638828113145.png

waynee95

Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@NotEthan
Sorry for the late reply.

That's not how you specify icons for achievements, you don't put the icon into the name of the achievement.
Instead, if you add an achievement in the plugin parameters, you can specify two options:
1. Complete Icon (shows only when the achievement was completed)
2. Incomplete Icon (shows only when the achievement is not completed yet)
If you want to show the same icon for both options, then you just input the same icon index in both options.

jsn2001

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey there, this is a great plugin that I have used for years! I'm finally getting around to asking a question I've always had in the back of my head, since it's something I could definitely use right about now.

Is it possible to temporarily disable achievement pop-ups, or to disable pop-ups for specific achievements? My game has multiple endings, and I'd like for each to have a corresponding achievement. I've accomplished this using a combination of this plugin and Olivia's Meta Controls, but the problem is that every time a new game is started, the player gets a pop-up for the achievements of every ending they've completed in previous playthroughs. I want to have pop-ups enabled for every other achievement, but disabled for those. Is there a script call or something I can use?
Thanks in advance!

waynee95

Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@jsn2001
You could have a switch to control which achievements belong to which ending and add that to the achievement condition. Or use the "Achievements disablePopups" and "Achievements enablePopups" plugin commands.

jsn2001

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@jsn2001
You could have a switch to control which achievements belong to which ending and add that to the achievement condition. Or use the "Achievements disablePopups" and "Achievements enablePopups" plugin commands.
Ah that plugin command is exactly what I needed! I can't believe I missed that...
Thank you very much :)

DieKleineSonne

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! First of all, thank you for the great plugin.
I have a little problem with it though. Is there a way to make the achievement menu background transparent, as all the default windows are? It looks a bit strange when it's possible to see the map and characters through all other windows but the achievements menu suddenly has just plain black background (or some picture).

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DieKleineSonne
background can be set to 255 (if the param exist) or the background you
made has transparancy on it.

windows transparancy is set on the window skin, if you make it solid, you cannot
see through it.

if you want a background fully visible without windows visible, you need to
edit the plugin which is relative easy to do.

DieKleineSonne

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DieKleineSonne
background can be set to 255 (if the param exist) or the background you
made has transparancy on it.

windows transparancy is set on the window skin, if you make it solid, you cannot
see through it.

if you want a background fully visible without windows visible, you need to
edit the plugin which is relative easy to do.
The plugin allows to set as a background only images from img/pictures or leave the default (None), there's no transparency parameter here :( I tried to use a fully transparent "picture" there, and the background was still black.

I use the default windows skin and every other window in the game looks default (semi-transparent).

I tried to find any related fragments in the plugin code but failed (the only thing I found was the function that sets my custom picture, and some opacity settings for notifications). I also checked the `WAY.Window.TitleWindow` function from the WAY_core plugin which is used in the achievements menu, but also found nothing about the appearance. So I'm looking for help from the author himself or somebody, who has more understanding of this code :)

I attached the example screenshots from the same test project: as you can see, the menu has the default transparent background (and all other windows too), while the achievements window has a solid black one. The same happens when I use `transparent.png` as a background for achievements.

Attachments

• 1661430021597.png
    1661430021597.png
    757.7 KB · Views: 2
  • WayAchievements.png
    WayAchievements.png
    131.9 KB · Views: 2
  • transparent.png
    transparent.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
transparant image is automatically black, if you just want to use the
window.png as in other scenes, than I dont know.

if the background has or get a transparancy while adding it, than
the author need to look at it, which might be a bug.

DieKleineSonne

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
transparant image is automatically black, if you just want to use the
window.png as in other scenes, than I dont know.

if the background has or get a transparancy while adding it, than
the author need to look at it, which might be a bug.
Yes, I'd like it to use window.png as all the other scenes.

Thanks anyway :)

UPD. Actually, you gave me an idea. I changed the window color in RPG Maker System settings and the background color was changed for Achievements too, but it just also became opaque. So it's just a transparency/opacity issue...

Attachments

• 1661441961705.png
    1661441961705.png
    755.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 1661441971682.png
    1661441971682.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

waynee95

Inactive
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DieKleineSonne
To get the default behavior for the background, you have to modify the plugin as follows:
Code:
// line 562

value: function createBackground() {
        this._backgroundSprite = new Sprite();
        this._backgroundSprite.bitmap = SceneManager.backgroundBitmap();
        this.addChild(this._backgroundSprite);
      }

DieKleineSonne

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much!
@DieKleineSonne
To get the default behavior for the background, you have to modify the plugin as follows:
Code:
// line 562

value: function createBackground() {
        this._backgroundSprite = new Sprite();
        this._backgroundSprite.bitmap = SceneManager.backgroundBitmap();
        this.addChild(this._backgroundSprite);
      }

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was playing with ChatGPT-3 and I feels like did some crime with this...

1670127825626.png
no longer using rm2k3
Don't you hate when you're trying to sleep and suddenly the smoke detector needs batteries? That's exactly what happened to me. Now I'm sluggish and tired after that darn thing started chirping at 11:30 at night. Man I wish I had one of those smart smoke detectors that sends a message to your phone way before it starts chirping.
Interior of a bus, may do more vehicle interiors :kaoswt2:
1670089782219.png
I can hardly believe it is the third day of Christmas and I have yet to put up decorations! Spending my morning cooking breakfast and getting them up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabiddavid