Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RK DracoRoy
Okay. I added the TurnOrderDisplay addon and the Damage Faces to my list. They should be pretty easily to do. So I think I have them finished this week. For the other stuff I don't have time at the moment, because I have some other requests already on my list.

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Added WAY_CustomFaceImageEval
This plugin allows you to set different face images using Lunatic Code.

Actor Notetag:
<Custom Face Image Eval>
if (user.hp / user.mhp <= 0.5) {
faceName = 'Actor1';
faceIndex = 5;
}
if (user.isStateAffected(42)) {
faceName = 'Nature';
faceIndex = 2;
}
</Custom Face Image Eval>

You can use 'user' to reference the actor. There are 2 variables you can change.
'faceName' refers to the filename for the face image.
'faceIndex' refers to the face index.
If any of those variables is not set, the default vaules will be used instead.

Added WAY_X_TurnOrderDisplayAddon
This plugins allows you to set face images for enemies in the TurnOrderDisplay.

Enemy Notetag:
<Turn Order Image: filename, index>

@RK DracoRoy
If there are any issues let me know!:)

Last edited:

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@waynee95

I do have small issues regarding both plug-ins.

For the Turn Order Display add-on, the enemy notetag doesn't work for sideview enemy actors for some reason and I was wanting to show enemy actor's faces on there. It successfully works well with regular enemies.

And about the Custom Faces, the face changes seem to be applied after every action ends instead of happening as soon as it reaches the HP. I was wanting for faces to be changed as soon as the HP reaches the percentage, not after the actions have ended.

Plus I used the actor notetag script for else statements and it crashes the game calling a "Custom Face" error. I don't know if I typed something wrong for else statements.

Example:
----------
<Custom Face Image Eval>
if (user.hp / user.mhp <= 0.25) {
faceName = 'Actor1';
faceIndex = 2;
} else if (user.hp / user.mhp <= 0) {
faceName = 'Actor1';
faceIndex = 6;
}
< /Custom Face Image Eval>

Last edited:

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RK DracoRoy
Which sideview enemy actors plugin do you use? I use the one from Yanfly and it works for me. Place my plugin at the bottom of your plugin list, if that does not fix it, let me know!

Ohhh sorry. I forgot about that. I will fix that!

The issue why that error is happening is that you are missing a closing } for the else if.

<Custom Face Image Eval>
if (user.hp / user.mhp <= 0.25) {
faceName = 'Actor1';
faceIndex = 2;
} else if (user.hp / user.mhp <= 0) {
faceName = 'Actor1';
faceIndex = 6
} <--
if (user.isStateAffected(4)) {
faceName = 'Actor1';
faceIndex = 2;
}

Last edited:

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@waynee95 I am using Yanfly's Animated SV Enemies plug-in as well and I have your Turn Order Display add-on located under Yanfly's Turn Order Display and it works with regular enemies, like intended. http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/13/yep-44-animated-sideview-enemies/

But in the case with enemy actors, I used the enemy notetag <Turn Order Image: filename, index> and checked it. It's still displaying the enemy actor as a sprite instead of a face.

To be more clear:
<Turn Order Image: Evil, 0> works and shows the regular enemy's face.
But if you had <Turn Order Image: Evil, 0> with <Sideview Battler: Actor1> from Yanfly's Animated SV Enemies, it will still go with Yanfly's Turn Order Display setting to display a battle sprite.

And alright, I'll give the if else statement a shot and let you know. Has the plug-in been updated yet to happen as soon as the HP reaches the point?

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay. It worked with the if else script, there's no crashes!

Though I don't know why it doesn't change the actor's damaged face (50%) to another damaged face (25%) with the else statement. It's as if it can only change it to 1 face and that's it. It does go back to the default face when HP is normal as intended.

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RK DracoRoy
I know the issue. Took me way longer than it should... The issue is the order of the if conditions. The conditions are in sequence. So if the first condition is false it will check the next, but if the first condition is true it will not check any more conditions.
When the actor is dead, it will check the if condition and the first condition is true, because 0 hp is less than 25%. You have to switch the order of the conditions to check the lower values first.

<Custom Face Image Eval>
if (user.hp / user.mhp <= 0) {
faceName = 'Actor1';
faceIndex = 6
} else if (user.hp / user.mhp <= 0.25) {
faceName = 'Actor1';
faceIndex = 2;
}
if (user.isStateAffected(4)) {
faceName = 'Actor1';
faceIndex = 2;
}

PS: I wrote you a PM on discord.

Last edited:

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@waynee95

I found out the issue with the Turn Order Display add-on. It's a shame it was only because of the spacing of my file names (and I prefer to use spaces), so I changed it to include hyphens and it successfully shows the enemy actor's face now. Thank you very much.

And after downloading the updated HP Face Changer, they're now showing the changed faces as they reach that HP percentage during any actions. And right, I switched the numbers having it lower then higher percentages. I had no idea if had to do with first come-first served conditions, but thank you for telling me the issue.

MRD256

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@waynee95 (don't know if I should be asking this here)

What's the code I use to change an actors graphic upon equipping something

I'm using your "CustomOnEquipEval" plugin

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @waynee95, thanks for helping me and pointing me this direction with your Custom On Equip Eval plugin. I do have a question or possible bug report. When I make a weapon with your note tags and then playtest the game, the weapon appears in the inventory whether or not the actor has obtained it. In an attempt to work with the bug I put a parallel process removing the weapon and checked the box that says includes equipment, but the weapon still remains in the inventory. However it cannot be equipped, but appears in the inventory.

Last edited:

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Last edited:

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will do, I will check it out after work today, might be tomorrow until I get back to you.

MRD256

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've tried using your CustomOnEquipPlugin, but it's not working for me. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Here's the code I'm using for my equipment.

(Equipment A)
user._prevCharName = user._prevCharName || user._characterName;
user._prevCharIndex = user._prevCharIndex || user._characterIndex;
user._prevFaceName = user._prevFaceName || user._faceName;
user._prevFaceIndex = user._prevFaceIndex || user._faceIndex;
user._prevBattlerName = user._prevBattlerName || user._battlerName;

user.setCharacterImage("Resistance (Students)", 0);
user.setBattlerImage("Kanata (Student)");
user.refresh();

and

(Equipment B )
user._prevCharName = user._prevCharName || user._characterName;
user._prevCharIndex = user._prevCharIndex || user._characterIndex;
user._prevFaceName = user._prevFaceName || user._faceName;
user._prevFaceIndex = user._prevFaceIndex || user._faceIndex;
user._prevBattlerName = user._prevBattlerName || user._battlerName;

user.setCharacterImage("Resistance", 0);
user.setBattlerImage("Kanata");
user.refresh();

"Resistance" and "Resistance (Students)" are the names of the graphics I'm trying to change to.

But what ends up happening is that it doesn't change. I'll have Equipment A on by default and change to B and it doesn't change. I even start with the Actor Graphics blank and neither equipment equipped. I'll then equip it through an event and it doesn't change it.

What am I doing wrong?

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MRD256
Yeah, sorry about that. There might be a bug inside that plugin. I will look into it in the next few days and get that fixed.
I will let you know!

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK I started messing around in my project and I'm a dummy. I found that my issue was an event I had setup to test my new item with your plugin to change the sprite but I didn't have the control self switch A command ON, so it wasn't activating the second page of the event and it was just giving me multiple of the same item without any indication. Thank you so much again for helping me out, AWESOME plugin works like a charm. Sorry for reporting a false bug and thanks for being so responsive.

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MRD256
So it's not working when you use a event to equip the items?

@OnslaughtSupply
No problem. :)
Does equipping through an event work for you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The MZ first look stream was quite good. Looks like we get a lot of generator parts right off the bat this time around. Lots of cool clothes, helmets, facial marks, etc. Looking forward to playing around with it. :)
Any tips on how to share resources in here? Should I upload them in a image hosting site or Google Drive?
That moment when you realize your game size without the sound is 51.1 MB.... But with it (unoptimized as it is) it's 156 MB.... I guess it's time to do a bit of sound optimizing. :kaoswt: Also I learned that deployed for Windows it's 308MB... Apparently MV adds a pretty hefty helping of stuff on deployment. :kaoback:
I wanna try making my game into an app because that sounds cool but I am so lost on how to :kaocry:
I found some tutorial but they all seem to use an older android studio(2.3.3)? I think the current version is 4.0.1?
is there an updated tutorial or do I need to find a way to get 2.3.3.?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GachaPringle