Tatsumaro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Wayne, i have a question. Is it possibly to force a actor sprite to refresh on the equip menu whit you code "Custom On Equip Eval"?

Im going to tray my best to explain.
Im using yours "Custom On Equip Eval" in the armors to change the "user.setFaceImage"

Code:
<Custom Equip Requirement Condition>
if ((user.actorId() === 2) || (user.actorId() === 3)){
condition = true;
} else {
condition = false;
}
</Custom Equip Requirement Condition>

<Custom On Equip Eval>
user._prevFaceName = user._prevFaceName || user._faceName;
user._prevFaceIndex = user._prevFaceIndex || user._faceIndex;

if (user.actorId() === 2){
user.setFaceImage("A2Armadura1", 0);
user.refresh();
}if (user.actorId() === 3){
user.setFaceImage("A3Armadura1", 0);
user.refresh();
}
$gamePlayer.refresh();
</Custom On Equip Eval>

<Force Clothing Piece: Armadura (1)>
<Picture: Armadura (1)>

<Custom On Remove Equip Eval>
user._prevFaceName = user._prevFaceName || user._faceName;
user._prevFaceIndex = user._prevFaceIndex || user._faceIndex;

if (user.actorId() === 2){
user.setFaceImage("A2", 0);
user.refresh();
}if (user.actorId() === 3){
user.setFaceImage("A3", 0);
user.refresh();
}
$gamePlayer.refresh();
</Custom On Remove Equip Eval>

I have Character Creator EX and Dynamic Actors and whit your WAY_CustomOnEquipEval i made it work, and the actors appearance is changing if they alter the equipment.

All is perfect, but now i fund Victor Sant
Sprinte In Windows only to use in the equip menu. It works, but its not perfect, if you enter in Scene_Equip the Sv Sprite as the correct weapon and armor but if you change the equipment you have to exit and reenter to view the alteration. I think its Victor´s plugin that reloads the Sv Sprite, what i need is a way to force the reload when you change the equipment, "user.refresh()" is not working because all the armors have the your code and the Sv Sprite do not change.

thanks

Last edited:

dustyb13@gmx.com

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey nice scripts thanks for these. I am using SumRndmDde Dynamic Actors and Ihave
weapons that show up when equipped. My problem is when dual wielding I can't get
weps to show in left or right hand depending on where it is equipped but shows in
both left and right hand at same time no matter which hand it is equipped in.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<Custom On Equip Eval>

$game_actors[actor id].weapons.include?($data_weapons[weapon id])

right_hand = $game_actors[actor_id].equips[0]

left_hand = $game_actors[actor_id].equips[1]

if !right_hand.nil? && right_hand.name.eql?(""Dagger"")

<Force Weapon Piece: Weapon (1)>

elseif !left_hand.nil? && left_hand.name.eql?(""Dagger"")

<Force Weapon2 Piece: Weapon (1)>

end

</Custom On Equip Eval>
--------------------------------------------------------------------
How could I get weapon to show only in hand it is equipped in.
I do not want to make main and off hand versions of all weapons.
Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Added WAY_YEP_ItemDiscard
Addon to Yanfly's Item Discard Plugin.

Item, Weapon and Armor Notetag:
<Custom On Discard Eval>
code
</Custom On Discard Eval>

It lets you run code, when an item gets discarded.

Example:
<Custom On Discard Eval>
var rate = Math.random();
var value = Math.floor(rate * item.price);
$gameParty.gainGold(value);
</Custom On Discard Eval>

This would give you a random amount of gold based on the item prices upon discarding.

If there are any bugs, please let me know!

Intezil

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I think I found a...well...not a bug exactly, but more like an oversight in Custom On Equip Eval, that has to do with the way it's doing order of operations;

If you have a piece of equipment that increases Max HP, and adds +X current hit points when equipped, then removes those extra current hit points when unequipped, so long as the character unequipping it is injured at least X below Maximum HP, it works fine, but if the character is at full HP, they end up at full HP -X after the item is removed, because the change to Max HP is getting processed before the Custom On Removal code. Sorry, I know that's clunky.

Examples;

Character with 10/20 HP equips armor that adds +4 MaxHP. Custom on Equip heals +4 HP, so his new hit points are 14/24.
When he removes the armor, Custom on Remove subtracts back those 4 HP, so his hit points go back to 10/20.

Character with 20/20 HP equips armor that adds +4 MaxHP. Custom on Equip heals +4 HP, so his new hit points are 24/24. This part works fine.
However, when he removes the armor, his maximum hit points are first reduced to 20, which sets his current hit points to 20 (because it was over the maximum), then removes an extra 4 HP, putting him at 16/20.

Lilian

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I have a littel question i am using your WAY_CustomFaceImageEval.js.

but somehow it looks like i am doing something wrong, so i am asking here for help if possible.

<Custom Face Image Eval>

if ($gameVariables.value(5) >= 1000){

faceName = 'Actor01';

faceIndex = 4;

}

if ($gameSwitches.value(22) == true){

faceName = 'Actor01';

faceIndex = 3;

}

if (user.hp <= 0.25) {

faceName = 'Actor01';

faceIndex = 2

} else if (user.hp >= 0.5) {

faceName = 'Actor1';

faceIndex = 1;

}

</Custom Face Image Eval>

somehow i only get faceindex 1 and 2 even if switch is on or variable is over 1000

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lilian
The issue is that in your case multiple of the if-conditions can be true.
Even if the switch is on and the faceIndex will be set to 4, it will go into one of the ifs at the bottom and it will then override the faceIndex to 1 or 2.
If you instead use else-ifs, only one of the conditions will be true.

Code:
<Custom Face Image Eval>
if ($gameVariables.value(5) >= 1000) {

faceName = 'Actor01';
faceIndex = 4;

} else if ($gameSwitches.value(22)) {

faceName = 'Actor01';
faceIndex = 3;

} else if (user.hp <= 0.25) {

faceName = 'Actor01';
faceIndex = 2

} else if (user.hp >= 0.5) {

faceName = 'Actor1';
faceIndex = 1;

}
</Custom Face Image Eval>

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@waynee95 Hi waynee! I'm trying to use your Yanfly addon "Turn Order Display", but i think that there is a problem when you transform the enemy.

I set a face to enemy A, but when it reach 0 hp (it's immortal), it transform into enemy B but the face remain the old one. (and in enemy B i set the new face with the tag).

The strange things that i don't understand, if this: When the enemy B reach 0 hp it transform into the enemy C.... and just like magic, the icon face change... but not with the third one. But with the second one XD (that, when you fight the enemy B transformed, there is the old one, the face enemy A).

Can you help me to solve this misterious thing? All tag are setted in the right way, they are 3 different faces, with three different enemies...

Thank you!!!

Krindlekrist

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There was discussion of a command window skill description plugin that was linked in this thread but the link is sadly dead. I would love to have a look at such a plugin if it's still around somewhere. Thanks!

Zinnherz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Wayne, thanks for the plugins!
The "CustomOnEquipEval" was just what I was looking for and it works great, however I'm not sure if I found a little bug or if I set something up in a wrong way... When the plugin is turned on, my characters start without any equipment, even though they should actually start with the stuff I assigned them in the database. If the plugin is turned off, they do start with the euqipment they were assigned. Nothing major, but I just noticed it and thought you should know and maybe help me out there.
Thanks in advance. :)

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zinnherz
Do you use YEP_EquipCore? If yes, then you need to make sure to place my plugin somewhere below Yanflys.

Zinnherz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zinnherz
Do you use YEP_EquipCore? If yes, then you need to make sure to place my plugin somewhere below Yanflys.
Thanks for the reply! Yes, I do use that plugin, but I have yours placed below everything else (including your core plugin, of course).

Edit: Using a workaround via the "Change equipment" command from the event manager does work, so I can just force the qupiment onto a new party member.

Nevertheless; it could be a problem with some other plugin, but besides Yanflys Equip Core I don't really have another plugin altering the equipment system.

Anyway, thank you in advance. :)

Last edited:

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zinnherz
There was indeed an issue with that plugin. Thanks for the catch. Download WAY_CustomOnEquipEval again. The version v1.2.1 should fix your issue. :)

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update: WAY_EvalText v2.0.0

* Rewrote the whole code to clean it up
* Added support for Scene_Shop and WAY_StorageSystem
* Fixed issues with Scene_Equip not working correctly

EDIT:
Update: WAY_EvalText v2.0.1

Set the "a" variable to party leader when on map

Last edited:

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update: WAY_EvalText v2.0.2
Fix actor not set correctly in battle, when YEP_X_InBattleStatus is imported

You can find the updated version on the first page of this thread.

Crysillion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey @waynee95 . Your EvalText plugin is exactly what I'm looking for, however I'm running into a bit of an issue regarding decimal points within the plugin.

In some cases, the plug-in appears to either have a hard time dealing with certain percentages on numbers, or alternatively it always attempts to be as accurate as possible. I have also seen instances of other abilities saying stuff like 20.4.

I feel like displaying the decimal points is unnecessary and I hope that you can agree. Perhaps if you feel that it's something that should remain, then limiting it to the first decimal point would suffice. As shown in the screenshot below, you can see that it displays information a little bit too accurately. I feel like this isn't exclusive to your plugin, as I realize it's just pulling the information from the game, but if there's anything you can do in regards to your plugin displaying it, I would be grateful.

Thank you.

EDIT: I'd like to note this doesn't happen with all abilities. In fact, in most cases, most abilities with more simple numbers such as 100% or 200% always display the number in a clean fashion, but you can see in the example of using 120%, sometimes the resulting ATK value of the character ends up being a bit bizarre and it results in this outcome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

*when the One Map Challenge is the only time you can finish a game*
Drifty wanted to make sure the default MV spark animation lived on, so he made it in Effekseer for the contest :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
Thanks to a post in a forum thread we can better create MV/MZ plugins in Haxe.
Latest video of my adventures in Kingdom Hearts 3~
Imagine every unfunny joke gets a laugh track, and it doesn't top until you genuinely laugh at that unfunny joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheFaz