waynee95's Storage System

yopeople

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
@waynee95 Thanks for that update. I'm using DraconisKnight Limit inventory plugin and it seems like your plugin isn't compatible to his. When your bag inventory is full, if you remove items from your chest, then the item disappears. It would be nice if it can be compatible. If not, do you have a plugin for a limit bag inventory?

yopeople

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I've also found a bug. I think this is a bug. When you change the item stack size, in my case 99, and you add different items to your chest, the max capacity will exceed. There is no stopping in adding more items.

Ex: Chest Capacity 5
Stack Size 99
Add 6 different items (You can add more)
6/5 (6 items in chest but it's suppose to hold 5)

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@yopeople
Can you please download this small demo project and use it to create a demo for me that shows the bug? Then I can take a look and fix it.

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, so I downloaded this plugin MV version 1.6.2, but when I start my game, it's just a black screen. I turned off all of my other plugins to see which one was giving issues, but even with only this plugin turned on, the screen is still black. No error message, no crash. Any idea what's going on? I can provide more info if needed.

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@GoodSelf
Did you make sure to also download and import my core plugin? Otherwise it won't work.

EDIT: If you open the console (press F8) it should show a message on there that you need to also have the WAY_Core plugin installed.

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@GoodSelf
Did you make sure to also download and import my core plugin? Otherwise it won't work.

EDIT: If you open the console (press F8) it should show a message on there that you need to also have the WAY_Core plugin installed.
You know what, I didn't. Thanks my friend, I just got too excited I guess! I'll edit this post if I run into any other issues!

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can it store actors in the future?

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@41728280
What do you mean by actors?

This plugin is only for storing items.

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@41728280
What do you mean by actors?

This plugin is only for storing items.
Sorry, the English is not good, I mean it will be able to store the team members in the future? I have been looking for this type of plugin.

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@41728280
No problem.

But this plugin is only for storing items. I don't plan on adding any new features right now. I am quite busy and don't do much plugin making at the moment.

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@41728280
No problem.

But this plugin is only for storing items. I don't plan on adding any new features right now. I am quite busy and don't do much plugin making at the moment.
Cry, then I can only wait for the day it is released...

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried adding custom category with Yanfly Item Categories via your plugin instruction but it's not working. I checked the spelling and no matter what I do the custom category Item won't appear in the storage. The custom categories item does appear in my menu tho. but not in your storage.

(SOLVED) I need to write the category name exactly like in the yanfly item categories plugin for custom category.

Last edited:

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DigitalWF
Send you a DM with a link to a demo project that you can use to create a demo for me that will show the issue. Then I can take a look at it.

DigitalWF

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the wonderful plugin.

Last edited:

Silvi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome plug in. More or less exactly what I needed! I do have a few requests if you are taking those @waynee96?
  1. Can we flip the Add / Remove? So the default is Remove instead? I have a loot manager NPC that gives out items, basically an alternative inventory. When the party enters a dungeon I clear their inventory and move it all to the "storage" NPC. So the default action in my case would be to Remove. Only adding if the player feels like it.
    1. Alternatively, and maybe more useful to everyone. If only Remove (or Add) is selected, skip the select Remove and just have it as a header? So the user opens the menu and is already selecting the first item? Like when you remove categories?
  2. Completely remove the max capacity? Like set it to 0 or 9999 in the plugin and then hide the window at the bottom in game? In my case it would not make sense for the storage to have a max.
Hopefully those are not major asks. I can dive into the JS and do it myself (I see its licensed MIT) if it is too much trouble.

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Silvi
I am pretty limited in time at the moment... so sadly I cannot add any new features to my plugin at the moment.

Your 2nd request should be rather easily doable on your end. Just include this line in the plugin:

JavaScript:
  Scene_Storage.prototype.createInfoWindow = function () {
    var wx = eval(this._infoData.x);
    var wy = eval(this._infoData.y);
    var ww = eval(this._infoData.width);
    this._infoWindow = new Window_StorageInfo(wx, wy, ww, 80);
    this.addWindow(this._infoWindow);
    this._infoWindow.hide(); // <-- Add this line
  };
And adjust the window positions inside the plugin parameters to fill that empty space.

Silvi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No worries, I totally get it.
I will try just make adjustments to my local copy.
The this._infoWindow.hide(); is a huge help in the right direction :)
Cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Learning C on the side to support Haxe.
Imagine having a different opinion on the internet.
Crazy.
Here's the one that flee from no foe, the brave Sir Kiwival! Also protagonist of my current project.

This is the cover art of new game, "Primordial Essence".
I'm amazed at the performance increase I saw in just going through and rescoping the variables in other people's plugins that I'm using. You know what that means? :LZSexcite:
//Tosses more absurd stuff onto the game of "Jenga" that is his RM project.
:rheh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Makual