Wayward's Tall Sprites: Advent 2022 Dec 25: Updated Everything File + Instructions

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've been thinking about dwarven pirates for some reason lately ( they both like gold I guess? ) so you're getting Axel Goldseeker.
TestChara-23.gif

Wayward-BonusCharacters-03.png

( As usual, if Axel's not there, the board needs to clear cookies or whatever it does. )

Frostycake197

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey WaywardMartian, just wanted to say I absolutely love you tall template and really wanted to show you the kimono I made for one.

Attachments

• Izagif.gif
    Izagif.gif
    12 KB · Views: 36
  • Izawalk.png
    Izawalk.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 42

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I accidentally took a break but I'm back with sprites. Which will show up on the sheet whenever the board cookies update or whatever? It's been two months, I can't remember how message boards work. :p

Anyway, the new ones are gladiator Hannah, scholar/monk Pasquale, and paladin Estelle.

Wayward-BonusCharacters-03.png

QuexpRPG

QUEst EXPlorer :)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
EDIT: Looked through Shire themed thread better and found what I needed
[didn't notice multiple pages on 1st visit]

I'd like to edit this sprite with red clothing and use it for the sword-giving wizard NPC in a zelda-like dream sequence. Credit would go to Wayward for the original and you for the edit. Would you be okay with that?

Hi Wayward,

I posted these in a Shire themed thread where I have added some assets. Link here https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/hobbit-shire-tileset-for-mv.70967/

I edited Sergei and thought you might want to see what I have been up to with your great work!

View attachment 218726

Last edited:

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Great to see you are back working on expanding them!

Out of the new ones, I think I like Hannah the most, though I can't really say why xD

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
EDIT: Looked through Shire themed thread better and found what I needed

Hi, sorry it took a while to notice this. I'm cool with you using and editing my sprites, but that one's already an edit by @Rkyfat so you'd need to ask them also if they're cool with you editing it.

QuexpRPG

QUEst EXPlorer :)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, sorry it took a while to notice this. I'm cool with you using and editing my sprites, but that one's already an edit by @Rkyfat so you'd need to ask them also if they're cool with you editing it.
Maybe I misunderstood what they said in the other post. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll swap that sprite back to the old one for now. Thanks for the reply and for all you do! :LZSexcite:

@Rkyfat - how would you feel about me using the above recolor of your edit?

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just realized this thread existed! I had seen some of it before but thought it was part of the other thread! Amazing work here, WaywardMartian. You're tall sprites are tempting, especially with the different sprite bases for the races!

antonyjunio

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hi!

Just started doing some pixel arts. I'm still a newbie, but really excited to it.
I've tried to edit your templates and played a little. Here's my result, I hope everyone can guess which character is that:
imagem_2022-11-03_144146655.png

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Guardinthena - Thanks! Yeah, I'd started these off in my MV thread and then figured they should get their own.

@antonyjunio - Great work! Though all I know is he's an anime character and I don't know anything about animes. ;)

And for the rest, I have hauled myself out of whatever well I fell down for Advent. Fortunately I got pretty much all of these done much earlier in the year.

You're getting modular stuff to make your own pixel people out of. There were various ways I could do this from 'easier for you but fewer parts' and 'harder for you but more parts' and went with something in the middle. You will need Photoshop/GIMP/image program capable of layers and .png files of your choice, but I tried to keep things fairly simple for you to mix and match pieces. It won't give you an infinite amount of variety but it can turn out a bunch of NPCs or you can just play with it for fun or to pick up some of how I build sprites.

Once it's all done I will add it to the Everything File with a more detailed instruction sheet on what order to stack layers in and such. Until then, you're getting parts all month, starting with a page of shirts for femme sprites.
Wayward-Modular-F_Top-01.png

These are easy to recolour if you've got yourself a Photoshop or equivalent, I just stuck with my NPC palette.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are wonderful, WaywardMartian. I know firsthand how tedious modular clothing or anything modular is, so thank you for taking time to create these beautiful and unique pieces.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
These wardrobes are really nice. As a 'less-than-novice Gimp user,' I'm really looking forward to that detailed instruction sheet. My townspeople are going to be so well dressed now! B)

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Having the outfits to mix and match is such a nice thing to have, especially for all the people that want to populate their towns with random NPCs :3 Plus you could consider making a dress form in your charset size so those could be on display in a store as well^^

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

All the artists on here always share their art, and I wanted to partake in the sharing. I wanted to show off the album art for my game's soundtrack while also showing off this song. I wanted to take a break from all the pianos/strings/jazz. I experimented with some side-chaining techniques to modulate the dub-step like synth.
Crazy idea to help people be more productive. We all upload a photo of someone who is good at nagging, cajoling, guilting, etc. you into doing what you should be doing. Then, after you have posted X amount of times in a defined period, that photo pops up with the text of "Shouldn't you be working on your game?" Just for fun.:wink:
Avery wrote on MouseWorks's profile.
That is a really cute avatar concept that you have there! I like it :3
Well, here's a screenshot of just another game that might never be completed...

quicktrip_xp01.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wadasssjjwd