Wayward's Tall Sprites: Advent 2022 Dec 25: Updated Everything File + Instructions

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Advent Day ... 5? I think it's 5. Should be by now. Anyway, short slicked-back hair that fits either body type:
Wayward-Modular-X_Hair-01.png

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Proper short hair, that's going to be a boon. The generator hair is limited in style and not very nice anyway. Thank you.

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Kes - Yeah, sometimes the in-built generator parts are too much This Part Is From This Character rather than This Is A Part, if you follow. I always got the most use out of the more basic hairstyles because multiple sprites can use them without it being as obvious.

Advent Day 6 - the other sheet of short hair I'm putting up. These will fit any of my sprites. Sort of an understated anime-swoop.
Wayward-Modular-X_Hair-02.png

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is such a nice collection! I really do prefer the taller sprites. You've already provided some elaborate charsets for the main NPC's and now even the minor NPC's are going to stand out as well. Thank you for sharing these.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Things just keep getting better and better. Thank you for even more hair parts.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I like how balanced this is, with something of everything to mix and match! After your last calendar with all those possible heroes we now basically get all the NPCs and tools to work on custom heroes we needed :3

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I stopped getting notification updates for this and thought that was suspicious, so I swung by to check and am glad I did. It is always wonderful to get generator parts. Especially of someone's custom sprites! I have been contemplating using yours for a game of mine, and these are only swaying me further. How can anymore not think about using your tall sprites when there are dwarfs and orcs and elves and generator parts!?

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Guardinthena - Yeah, I don't know how the notification stuff works. I have enough trouble with accidentally blocking people with misclicks and needing to check my list every so often. :p

Advent Day 9: Back to clothing for a bit with blouses and sleeveless shirts for the femme sprites.

Wayward-Modular-F_Top-02.png

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
One of the great things about the clothing collection you're giving us is precisely that it is for NPCs. Too often what's made is for armour or elaborate clothing, totally unsuitable for the great majority of people in a town/on a farm/wherever.

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Kes - I'd debated over what sort of pieces I'd put up and figured NPCs was the best choice. Twenty-four sheets seems like a lot but isn't - if I wanted to do heroes, I'd have to devote an Advent to a single class. But NPCs? Everybody needs NPCs wandering around and selling the heroes stuff or complaining about the rats in the basement and it's better that they're a bit plain so they don't overshadow the heroes. ;)

Keeping up with the pattern, Advent Day 10 is a second set of masc shirts:
Wayward-Modular-M_Top-02.png

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think one of the things I like is having a choice on whether to have sleeves or not. It seems like a trivial thing, but is in fact a super useful differentiator. An NPC working out in the fields needs to be dressed slightly differently from one pottering around inside a shop.
Thank you for these.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Keep them coming, Wayward! These are fantastic additions for NPCs.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I managed to scare my chief. Between shifts I had an appointment with my psychiatrist, so prior to it I'd told him "If I ain't coming today, they've kept me there.". Then as I was asleep, my phone died. So I overslept and through the entire time I was unreachable.
I spent so much time toiling in VX Ace frankensteining scripts together only for MV to come along and just... have everything.

The overworld tool system in particular I thought was gonna take me a million years to recreate, but nope. Thanks Moghunter.
Going to go live way earlier than usual tonight, pretty much in 20 minutes, purely because I'm bored. :LZSlol:

So... I'm gonna be a parent... XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ultragore