WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've climbed aboard the Advent train so you're getting a sprite a day. Day One is Petal the Spring Elf. Bard? Ranger? Innkeeper? Random villager? That's your problem now.
Advent2021-01.gif

Wayward-Advent2021-a.png

The page will be filled out over the month.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Choo-choo!
She is so cute, I like her wavy hair :3
I think I would use her as shopkeeper at a potion store, where you can deliver plants and get potions made out of them in return... if I had a game project xD
Looking forward to see what you have made for us!

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Day Two is Thistle the Spring Elf. Is he Petal's brother? Boyfriend? Completely unrelated guy from another town? Does he play the flute at the tavern? Does he craft magic items for your heroes? Is he a hero himself, summoning elemental magics to fight evil? Is his name even 'Thistle'? Only you can decide.
Advent2021-02.gif

In theory he should be added to the spritesheet but this board does a thing where images sometimes take a few days to update. He's on there, or will be, I swear. :p

Wayward-Advent2021-a.png

It also means that in January my thread is going to be filled with full sheets and weird notes about 'there's actually three sprites on here, be patient'. :p

Last edited:

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 1/2: These sprites are winners. I think it would be fun for me to make these one character who can transform genders.

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I do enjoy trans narratives and gender-swaps. Carry on. ;)

( ETA: Phooey, do I edit this post or add a new one and risk double-posting? I will play it safe and edit. )

Day Three is Queen Maria, because we need someone to hand out quests and medals for saving the kingdom.
Advent2021-03.gif

For further confusion, this is on a different sheet, because the sheets are themed and I don't want to spam a theme for eight days.

Wayward-Advent2021-b.png

Last edited:

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, some royal NPCs are always handy to have :3
If you consider making poses for some of the characters, I think a throne-sitting one for her would be very useful!

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
For Day Four, Queen Maria gets an advisor. Or possibly her prince consort? A visiting dignitary? Her right hand who goes out and deals with the people directly? Just some fancy man with a moustache? Meet Vicente:
Advent2021-04.gif

As per usual, technically he's there. At worst I'll be putting all these in the monthly zip file. :p
Wayward-Advent2021-b.png

@Avery A sitting base has been on The List for a while but I've yet to get to it. Maria's going to just have to stand for now. ;)

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
On Day Five we start getting into villains, or perhaps more heroes, depending on what you want to do with them and whose story is being told. This is Kay'la, orc sorceress. Or I suppose she could be a monk with those hand- and foot-wraps. Or a potion-seller making potions out of swamp moss and newts.
Advent2021-05.gif

Wayward-Advent2021-c.png

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think she is my favourite so far, I like her hairstyle a lot and the color sheme in general :3

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm still trying to figure out an Aesthetic for my orcs, so when I was making these in October I asked a friend for inspiration. They said 'frilly poet shirt'. Well, the shirt might not be quite frilly enough, but Fabiorc is now here for all your romance novel cover needs. Or he could be a swashbuckling pirate sort of guy.
Advent2021-06.gif

As usual, he ought to be on this page :p
Wayward-Advent2021-c.png

( Maybe a direct link will do better? )

@Avery Usually I give the orcs black or dark brown hair because it goes well with the green skin, but Kay'la is grayish and already wearing a lot of black so I thought maybe red hair would work. Glad to hear it did. ^_^

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
And back around to the elves with Acorn, who is either a Wood Elf or an Autumn Elf, I'm still deciding how to sort this stuff and it doesn't matter because she's yours now. Maybe she's your brawler hero, or an NPC who won't help unless you can defeat her at arm-wrestling, or your brawler hero who won't join unless you can defeat her at arm-wrestling.
Advent2021-07.gif

Wayward-Advent2021-a.png

( And the direct link, because I'm tired of waiting for the board to refresh. :p )

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
These are all really nice and complement your earlier sprites well. So much color and detail. Thank you so much for these gifts. :LZSgrin:

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
To no one's surprise, it's Acorn's masculine counterpart/sibling/other self. Though Maple seems more on the rogue side than a brawler. Maybe his test is that he steals something from you and you have to be quick enough or sneaky enough to get it back.

Advent2021-08.gif

Wayward-Advent2021-a.png

( And direct link. :p )

@Lady_JJ and @Starbird_Resources Thank you! ^_^

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I haven't got enough clothing pieces in Size Dwarf to do a whole lot with them yet, but at least I can do a bit. Day Nine is Spinel Stonebreaker, who seems a bit of a bookworm to me, something about that glasses/turtleneck combo. Maybe she runs a cozy bookshop, or is a librarian on a quest to make the Evil Wizard return those books he borrowed. Or she's an evil librarian with the world's largest collection of evil books.
Advent2021-09.gif

Wayward-Advent2021-b.png

( Direct link. )

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
And another dwarf, because I'm doing most of this in twos because then I only need to think of twelve themes for twenty-four sprites. ;) Day Ten is Frank Mossbeard, and if you think 'Frank' isn't a Dwarvish name, well, I'm not Greek but my real name is. He just looks like a Frank to me. Anyway, he's here for probably either selling your heroes stuff, crafting it for them, or running the local tavern. He's got a workman's look to him.
Advent2021-10.gif

Wayward-Advent2021-b.png

( Direct link. )

PARCB

GAN's Professor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This characters look astounding!!!
But a vip question: Generator parts you are using? Or are you spriting brute-force??
Anyways, congratulations for such beauty!! I will use them as template for tilesets lengths first.

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Day Eleven brings us Thalassa, a tiefling demonkin who is either too cute to be evil or unexpectedly evil because she's cute. I've given her a sea-based name for either a water mage or a cleric of a sea god, but with her colours she'd probably do just as well as a wind mage. Or combine the water and wind for a storm.
Advent2021-11.gif

Wayward-Advent2021-c.png

( Direct link. )

@LyonBuster Actually a combination of the two. I make all the parts myself, but I make them separately so I can combine them into different outfits. It still takes a bit of tidying in Photoshop at the end so it can't just plug into a generator. But I've been doing this for a while so I have a lot of parts in Size Human. It's the off-sizes like the kids and dwarves that I don't have much for yet.

I made them for 48x48 tiles - they scale with MV/MZ.

PARCB

GAN's Professor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually a combination of the two. I make all the parts myself, but I make them separately so I can combine them into different outfits. It still takes a bit of tidying in Photoshop at the end so it can't just plug into a generator. But I've been doing this for a while so I have a lot of parts in Size Human. It's the off-sizes like the kids and dwarves that I don't have much for yet.

I made them for 48x48 tiles - they scale with MV/MZ.
Good to hear that the best way is upgrading the generator parts that already exists! That sure make things easier.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Watch Studio Blue play Numina by starlit in our latest RPG Maker Games Critique stream starting NOW!

Wish me luck. One of the leading experts on certain false shuffle is going to check if my skill is good enough to be called "not total trash".
Not an RPG Maker Update but I'm happy to say that I finally passed my drivers written test. Which makes me a happy guy.
FWRu-cYXkAAAUbl
Have you ever been in such a luck streak you felt fear something was wrong?
I'm going to be adding in combat animations, revamping the UI and putting in a new cutscene this week, so this is your last chance to play the MC:RIS demo in its original form! Say you were there since the beginning! https://qos.itch.io/infinite-sadness

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Respec