WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Day Twelve is Pyros, demonkin gladiator. Or exotic dancer. Never can tell with demons.
Advent2021-12.gif

Wayward-Advent2021-c.png

( Direct link. )

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
For Day 15 we have Granny Crabapple, because it's always useful to have a witch. Whether she is a good witch handing out cookies, a neutral witch living out in the woods and minding her own business, or an evil witch living in a gingerbread house is up to you. I still haven't got an Elderly base yet so Granny strides purposefully forth instead of shuffling more slowly, which suits a witch, really.
Advent2021-15.gif

Wayward-Advent2021-b.png

( Direct link. )

JoePal

affable madman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Love watching these sheets slowly fill up, kudos on all the hard work! Excited to see what the rest of the calendar has in store!

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Day 16 is the only day that breaks the 'I post a female character on an odd-numbered day then her male counterpart on the next day' because I wanted to fit in another animated armour because I will not be stopped. This is Argent, who would be equally at home defending the innocent from evil or causing it as the right hand of your Big Bad. Or even being the Big Bad, I place no limits on my dear constructs.
Advent2021-16.gif

Wayward-Advent2021-b.png

( Direct link. )

@JoePal I'm just amazed how fast they seem to be filling up. December has flown by, and I feel a good part of that is because I've had posting these sprites every night to look forward to.

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Day 17 and originally I'd put the drow dark elves on the Elf sheet but then decided to put them on the Possibly Villains sheet instead. But, let's face it, I'm pretty sure Latrocia here is evil. At least she dresses that way, all red and black and her hair in that evil matriarch bun.
Advent2021-17.gif

Wayward-Advent2021-c.png

( Direct link. )

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Day 18 brings in Loxos, who could go full drow stereotype and be an assassin, but his outfit could work for something in the rogue or ranger area, or a shady guy in a bar. Or surprise everyone and cast him as the local pastry chef.
Advent2021-18.gif

Wayward-Advent2021-c.png

( Direct link. )

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
With his long scarf he is more likely the local fashion icon who runs the tailoring shop ;3

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Day 19 throws things a bit off because it's not another type of elf, it's an elf kid. This is Snowflake, who might belong to Frostflower or Rime or both or neither, just some random elf kid running around the village. 'Snowflake' seems like a feminine name, but the kids are pretty unisex so feel free to make the kid a boy instead. ( Heck, feel free to swap any sexes or genders of the sprites around at will, I'm not the boss of you. )
Advent2021-19.gif

Wayward-Advent2021-a.png

( Direct link. )

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Snowflake looks adorable, but is probably a troublemaker because she know she can get away with it. Or maybe Snowflake is the child version of Frostflower or Rime in a scene from the past, there's so many great ways to use them. I love how varied all the characters are, this advent calendar has been a lot of fun! :kaoluv:

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Day 20 finally fills out the first sheet with Bud, another elf kid. Maybe connected to Petal and Thistle, maybe not. Could just be running around, or trailing after your heroes and getting into trouble.
Advent2021-20.gif

Wayward-Advent2021-a.png

( Direct link. )

@Lady_JJ Thanks! I'm fond of the classic witch look, so I figured I ought to put one together. ^_^

@hiddenone Thanks! I'm glad you've been enjoying them. ^_^

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
And mixing things up again by jumping to the Maybe Villains page. This is Lily the warlock. Maybe she gets her power from her mask, maybe she just likes being mysterious. Maybe she's not a warlock at all but a secretive noble or a fortuneteller your heroes meet along the way, or possibly your hero team's summoner.
Advent2021-21.gif

Wayward-Advent2021-c.png

( Direct link. )

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
And Day 22 is finishing off the Maybe Villains sheet with Terrance, because why not give your broody sword dude a nerd name? Threw him in mostly because RPG Maker always seems to have a Swordsman villain, though I decided mine would be a redhead. Maybe he was hired to fight your heroes, maybe he's a loner with a quest of his own. Is that quest to find a shirt? Perhaps!
Advent2021-22.gif

Wayward-Advent2021-c.png

( Direct link. )

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Day 23: BLAMMO, it's a full page of random NPCs to populate your village and chitchat about the weather and that they're so glad the Evil Immortal Warlord was defeated 100 years ago today and will totally never come back, despite what the prophecy says.

Wayward-Advent2021-d.png

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
And for Day 24 it's a bunch of male villagers who so enjoy their peaceful town life, there's no way the Eldritch Powers are going to blow the place up before the end of the prologue.

Wayward-Advent2021-e.png

But Wayward, you may ask, you've still got that one sheet with two slots unfilled! I mean, I could do that for Christmas but I'm lazy and will probably forget, so here's the final two. It's just a couple villager kids.

Wayward-Advent2021-b.png

( Direct link. )

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Back to the usual slower updates. In honour of me playing way too much Stardew Valley, here's one of my farmers - Amadeus. The original idea was to RP him as a vampire somehow because he vaguely looks like one but if he's still a vampire he's a very cheery try-hard vampire who apparently makes friends very easily. :p
TestChara-18.gif

He can/will be found on the second bonus character sheet:
Wayward-BonusCharacters-02.png

Also the Everything In One Big Download File should be updated in the first post by the time you read this, including all the Advent characters.

Denadora

Homo Sapiens
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
IT, EN
Primarily Uses
N/A
OMG WAIT you actually made TALL sprites???

*faints*

I have follow up questions... After I recovery from being overjoyed :kaocry:

I swear I had been secretly hoping to find sprites that looked just like these since, like, forever. They are amazing!!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The main game of my trilo/saga 50%OFF on Steam..... its now or never more
I swap between Ace and MZ so I can stay fresh but - what do you mean you can use subfolders in the plugin's folder for easier organization!?
Did some new music again, praise be. To the next song!
Watch Studio Blue play Numina by starlit in our latest RPG Maker Games Critique stream starting NOW!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brendonkhong