We can use base VN Stuff in RMMV, but what about Light Novel Game Maker, and Premium Packs 1 & 2?

Discussion in 'Visual Novel Maker Support' started by hp4000, May 15, 2019.

1. hp4000

hp4000 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I read in the FAQs that the base Visual Novel Maker resources can be used in RPG Maker MV.

But there are also three other graphics packs that came with Visual Novel Maker: Light Novel Game Maker, Premium Pack 01, and Premium Pack 02. Can the graphics in those be used in RPG Maker MV as well? (In the EULA, they say "Visual Novel Maker ONLY," but were dated 2017, so I wanted to know if it has been updated since then.)

Also, how do you credit Visual Novel Maker in an RPG Maker MV game if you use the resources?

Thanks!

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    hp4000 likes this.
  3. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    If they EULA says VNMaker only, that is the case.
    Some MV free resources are MV only. You can't use it on lower RPG Makers officially either.

Light Novel Pack is also being sold for MV and has its own DLC add-on. In short, if you want to use it, you'll have to buy it again for the license of the specific software.

hp4000 likes this.
  4. hp4000

hp4000 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you for the information @Archeia !

I looked closer at the EULA of each one and it looks like:

Light Novel Game Maker says:
    "The resources included in Light Novel Game Maker are meant for use in Visual Novel Maker only"

Premium Pack 1 says:
    "The resources included in Premium Pack Vol.1 are meant for use in Visual Novel Maker only. Material from Premium Pack Vol.1 may be conditionally used with RPG Maker products as long as the user owns both Visual Novel and RPG Maker product licenses. This applies to both the resources themselves and the resource design."

However, when I was looking closer at the Premium Pack 2 EULA, the file name is "Premium Pack Vol 2 EULA.pdf," but the contents of the document are identical to "Premium Pack Vol 1 EULA.pdf."

I don't know if this has been corrected because I downloaded Visual Novel Maker a while ago, but I wanted to know if Premium Pack 2 has the same EULA as Premium Pack 1.

Is there a way to read the up-to-date EULA online?

Also, I can't seem to find "Light Novel Game Maker" for RPG Maker MV in the store. I only see music resources. Is the graphics pack available to purchase in the future?

Thanks again!

5. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    There's no graphics pack and only music packs as far as I'm aware of? Link me?